Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It was about 2/3 full for the actual game so about 10,000 was the actual attendance. Not too bad, but certainly not great either.

There is no way that's true.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Been a wrestling fan for quite awhile and I’m late 40s, very few would call it a major sport that I know, even my son who had colleges talk to him about wrestling college. I’m sure a few diehards did/do call it just like some die hard s would add baseball and volleyball in.

Fact: Both Iowa and Iowa State lose money on wrestling....

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I was very active in the Iowa AAU association and helped plan, set up and run some major state and national tourneys for them, numbers are dropping in the state and most other states said the same thing. There are like 80-90 D1 programs and there are close to 400 D1 schools.

Wrestling numbers are so strong that several class 1A schools have had to combine with neighboring school districts just to form a wrestling team...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The only reason we care about what he says is bc Iowa fans deny that narrative every single day. I think its great he thinks the way he does, I actually respect it, its rare to find a Hawk fan that will admit they care about ISU at all, let alone one who openly admits its the biggest game he plays every year. It's just nice to hear one of them admit what we all know, its not even really about Jordan, its more about that fan bases denial of this mentality.
You will learn to ignore their fan base. I'm old...it takes time.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I bet I hate Iowa more than 98% of the people on this board. I've lived among them for 40 years. I just don't obsess about them. That gives them too much credit. I'm aslo not blinded by my hatred. I can make decisions with logoc instead of being tribal. It took awhile.

I do enjoy watching stupid people, from both sides, say stupid things.

Such as we will not lose to Texas.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I just think that it's assenine for fans of either team claiming that the game is more important to the other side.
Nah. We are laughing at the ass in no.3 not 9.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron