Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don’t like Bohannon but I don’t see anything wrong with his comments. Fact of the matter is in-state rivalries are a big deal and they are big games, it’s ok to admit that and it’s what makes collegiate sports fun.

That said let’s give him hell in Hilton and make him wish he shut it down one game earlier!

Last edited:

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
The announcers repeated over and over again during the game last night that 10 games was the limit. The Hawks are now 7-3, yet JorBo will be playing Thursday, which I assume means they intentionally did not play him against some cupcake. Screams Super Bowl to me.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
The announcers repeated over and over again during the game last night that 10 games was the limit. The Hawks are now 7-3, yet JorBo will be playing Thursday, which I assume means they intentionally did not play him against some cupcake. Screams Super Bowl to me.

Iowa has played 10 games but Bohannon has only played in 9. He can play in Hilton and still redshirt.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don’t like Bohannon but I don’t see anything wrong with his comments. Fact of the matter is in-state rivalries are a big deal and they are big games, it’s ok to admit that and it’s what makes collegiate sports fun.

That said let’s give him hell in Hilton and make him with he shut it down one game earlier!
I can't stand the kid but our obsession over him gives me the chuckles. It's like we are scared of an evil wizard. Quit talking about him.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Yeah, he sat against Cal Poly, the 2nd worst team (sneaky sneaky) on their schedule thus far.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Classic trap game for the Hawks. Play a conference game against a hated rival, then play ISU in a letdown game because they are looking ahead to a rematch against Cincinnati who will be looking for revenge from last years tourney loss.
Completely agree. No way this Iowa team with 80% in-state players who last saw Iowa win in Hilton when they were 3 and 4 year olds are getting up for this game. They are definitely looking forward to their game against Cincinnati 11 days from now.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I can't stand the kid but our obsession over him gives me the chuckles. It's like we are scared of an evil wizard. Quit talking about him.
Your obsession with defending Iowa gives me the chuckles

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Classic trap game for the Hawks. Play a conference game against a hated rival, then play ISU in a letdown game because they are looking ahead to a rematch against Cincinnati who will be looking for revenge from last years tourney loss.

C-

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think there are those who have an obsession over him having an obsession with Iowa State. It's incredibly clear he does and he's made numerous comments and tweets that have shown that as well. Last year after a loss he tweeted out "LOL" after Iowa State lost.. so even when his own team loses he's able to find some joy because his arch nemesis lost as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron