Far too much controversy here...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I believe ISU fans are acting a bit like the ugly rich girl I once knew who flaunted the prettiest dress at prom.

Cyclone fans won the dang day for their team. Bowls below the New Years Six are about bringing fans and money. We all know that. Clearly, ISU has set the pace. Y'all deserve to be proud of the accomplishment. I'm just glad EMAW isn't head to Houston.

The placement based on merit would have been as follows. But we all know Bowlsby's first job is to take care of Texas.

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas
If ISU fans are acting like the ugly rich girl, how would you characterize the way KSU fans were acting on Twitter? Just curious...

This should be good.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
giphy.gif

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I believe ISU fans are acting a bit like the ugly rich girl I once knew who flaunted the prettiest dress at prom.

Cyclone fans won the dang day for their team. Bowls below the New Years Six are about bringing fans and money. We all know that. Clearly, ISU has set the pace. Y'all deserve to be proud of the accomplishment. I'm just glad EMAW isn't head to Houston.

The placement based on merit would have been as follows. But we all know Bowlsby's first job is to take care of Texas.

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas
160104-crying-baby-app-01.jpg

Or

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think anyone judging anything by what's on Twitter is a false choice.
Do you mean bad choice? What is a false choice? Better yet what is a true choice? It seems like choices are just that. Now when talking to our teen children we talk about good choices and bad choices. Or do you mean the logical fallacy of "choice of false alternatives"?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Do you mean bad choice? What is a false choice? Better yet what is a true choice? It seems like choices are just that. Now when talking to our teen children we talk about good choices and bad choices. Or do you mean the logical fallacy of "choice of false alternatives"?
No, I mean what I wrote: false choice. There's a more reasoned option than judging fans based on Millenials pounding one another on Twitter.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No, I mean what I wrote: false choice. There's a more reasoned option than judging fans based on Millenials pounding one another on Twitter.
LOL.

It is funny how you like to be wrong.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
LOL.

It is funny how you like to be wrong.
You seem lost with the definition of false choice.

False choice
The presentation of a false choice often reflects a deliberate attempt to eliminate several options that may occupy the middle ground on an issue.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Congrats on the bowl, @surly. I see some of your fans are unhappy, but I think this is a good landing spot for you.

1) It’s good for KSU’s National prestige as casual football fans love to tune in to watch two teams run it up the middle at each other for two hours.
2) I have been to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl, and let me tell you, the 30 degree weather just makes that Southern comfort food taste that much better.
3) It is a nice stadium that’s near downtown and has nice amenities. You won’t have to wait in bathroom lines at all. Also, the Memphis police force keeps a lot of their riot gear near there so if a riot breaks out you will be safe.
4) The game has a sweet flyover. For a while you may think a jet is going to ram the stadium but it’s actually just a FedEx jet doing the flyover. Pretty cool, you don’t see a 737 every day.
5) You can visit where Jeff Buckley drowned. Don’t worry, they said it was a accidental drowning, not depression and suicide from being in Memphis.

Best of luck! Win one for the conference!
I thought Buckley drowned in Cincinnati. The more you know...

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

CFP Oklahoma
Sugar Baylor
Alamo oSu
Camping K-State
Texas Iowa State
Liberty Texas

Oh surly, we didn't lose to West Virginia or Texas. You should take it as a compliment that a loss to Kansas State isn't considered a 'bad' loss for Iowa State.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Oh surly, we didn't lose to West Virginia or Texas. You should take it as a compliment that a loss to Kansas State isn't considered a 'bad' loss for Iowa State.
I believe it's better to judge teams by who they beat than who they lost to. You really aren't claiming that ISU had a better football season than K-State, are you?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
You really aren't claiming that ISU had a better football season than K-State, are you?

I think one could objectively say K-State had the better season but you've been moving the goalposts on a weekly basis all season so screw it. ISU was competitive in their games and had no horrible losses so ISUs season was better.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I believe it's better to judge teams by who they beat than who they lost to. You really aren't claiming that ISU had a better football season than K-State, are you?

We basically had the same season. You have to take who you beat and who you lose to into account. Also how you compete against all teams. One game does not make a season.