Kansas State Tears

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
But the shoe isn’t on the other foot so **** them

The shoe wouldn't even be on the other foot. We got a better bowl despite all their qualifiers. We'd be right where we are even if we hadn't played like complete ass and had beaten them. **** emaw

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Hok fans are also butthurt for some reason. They don't want to play USC because they feel they should win, and it doesn't do anything for them if they do. We've heard that sort of entitled logic before, haven't we? They feel they deserve to play ND, and they hope we lose big.

I'll be cheering for the only other college team in the country with cardinal and gold as their school colors. Go Trojans!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Two doosh hoses, one Iowa fan and another KState fan, called into sound off. Never heard such mouth breathers in my life. Hawkeye fan was upset Iowa State got selected to our bowl game and hopes we get beat by 50, the KState fan threw a hissy fit and talked up their history.

History?

El. Oh. El.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
If the shoe were on the other foot, isu fans would be outraged too. No one will admit it, but if isu were 8-5 with a head to head win over ksu and got passed over for this same bowl/matchup we'd all be butthurt a.f.
Are you referring to 2002? The year that ISU had a better conference record and won the head to head matchup against Nebraska. The year Nebraska got the Big 12 bowl tie in to the Independence Bowl and ISU had to go play its bowl game on a blue field?

Yes we were pissed. But we learned our lesson. Bowl games make their decisions based on money. So naritive, the universities' national brand, TV ratings, fans travel rep and economic impact on host city take priority over conference standings or head to head matchup results.

KSU is trying to deal with the fact that, on a national stage, ISU is the better, stronger, more interesting and more desirable program than KSU.

Having ones bubble burst can be very hard for some people to deal with...

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
History in today's world might go back 5 years... Unless you are a blue blood, you better have marketing value and an AD that understands this and constantly pushes the brand.

Sell, sell, sell. That is how you grow the "business"

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014
Are you referring to 2002? The year that ISU had a better conference record and won the head to head matchup against Nebraska. The year Nebraska got the Big 12 bowl tie in to the Independence Bowl and ISU had to go play its bowl game on a blue field?

Yes we were pissed. But we learned our lesson....

ISU played Alabama in the 2001 Independence Bowl - featuring the Tony Yelk game winning field goal that the refs missed - so there was no way we were going back to Shreveport in 2002.

• Funny
Reactions: DarkStar

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
ISU played Alabama in the 2001 Independence Bowl - featuring the Tony Yelk game winning field goal that the refs missed - so there was no way we were going back to Shreveport in 2002.

One of the two most note worthy hangovers in my life. Also, watched a hooker take her teeth out as she walked away with a "friend" in the single most trashiest things I've ever witnessed with my own two eyes. Yes the friend was there for the game.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
One of the two most note worthy hangovers in my life. Also, watched a hooker take her teeth out as she walked away with a "friend" in the single most trashiest things I've ever witnessed with my own two eyes. Yes the friend was there for the game.
Your "friend" or the strippers "friend"?

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Overall record doesn't matter, conference record does. We finished in a 4-way tie with Texas, OSU and K-State. The bowls could basically select any of those teams they wanted. We had the same conference and overall record as Texas, and beat them head-to-head and they got selected for a better bowl than us. I don't see anyone b****ing about that.

I thought it was even more wide open than that? My understanding is that the New-Year's 6 makes their choices, then, after that, the big-12 affiliated bowls are free to pick ANY conference team with at least 6 wins? They can choose based on any criteria they want!

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Snyder obviously did amazing things at KSU and had as tough a road as anyone could imagine to accomplish what he did but it's not like they have blueblood history. They won 2 big 12 titles, in '03 and tied in '12 and won a Fiesta Bowl in '97. Sine '02, they have 3 bowl wins, Texas Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and the Cactus Bowl. As good as Snyder was, the last 90's/early 00's were his glory days.

Turning around K State is one of/if not they greatest accomplishments of any HC, all time but they have been an above average program the last 20 years. Certainly better than ISU but to hear them talk, they think they are in the convo with OU.
K-State fans keep claiming "the 3 largest crowds ever to cross state lines to watch a college football game". Did some googling to figure out they were referring to two bowl game they played in '97 and '03. They travelled well a couple decades ago....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
K-State fans keep claiming "the 3 largest crowds ever to cross state lines to watch a college football game". Did some googling to figure out they were referring to two bowl game they played in '97 and '03. They travelled well a couple decades ago....

I figured it was a game in arrowhead and they are counting the 2-3 mile drive.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored