ISU +3.5 vs ND

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Will never move 6.5 points unless they have Moose and Rocco coming to break the legs of Purdy. I predicted +3, and I'll still stick with that. Have seen ND play more than a couple times this year and I will still put my money on +3.5...

Not getting my money out until ISUNO1BOOKIE makes his sure fire lock pick of the bowl season....

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum
D

Deleted member 8507

Maybe they have future NFL guys sitting out?
Already saw an article where Kelly stated he didn't anticipate any players sitting out but if any came forward they would be handled on individual case basis. FWIW - coach speak

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
From what I have read and heard from ND friends, motivation will be a hurdle on their side. This game means a ton to ISU and little to ND. I am fine with that because it is true. This is a really big stage for ISU and the chance to 'show up' in front of a bigger audience than we have had in a long time (possibly ever). For ND, they had playoff hopes at the beginning of the year and are now playing a team that historically has been doormat (it hurts me to say that). Our guys will be fired up to prove something, and I think we jump on ND early and not look back.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Really thought we'd be double digit underdogs. At least 7 pts. Perhaps they dont see ND being interested and not showing up.

Or maybe, just MAYBE we're better than our 7-5 record indicates.

Outside of LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State this fanbase has no reason to worry about giving our opponent a competitive game. FFS we were a two point conversion from beating a CFP team on the road.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So some other Big XII lines.. This is a big reason why our bowl lineup sucks. Fewer "Big" games and very tough matchups. Only one team is favored and that game is practically a pick-em. So we are the only Big XII team that appears to be liked by Vegas.

OSU is a 6 pt underdog to Texas A&M
Oklahoma is a big 12 or 13 pt underdog to LSU (makes little sense, does anyone remember the Texas game?)
KSU is barely favored by 1 over Navy
Texas is a 6.5 pt underdog to Utah
Baylor is a 7.5 pt underdog against Georgia

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
So some other Big XII lines.. This is a big reason why our bowl lineup sucks. Fewer "Big" games and very tough matchups. Only one team is favored and that game is practically a pick-em. So we are the only Big XII team that appears to be liked by Vegas.

Oklahoma is a big 12 or 13 pt underdog to LSU (makes little sense, does anyone remember the Texas game?)
So basically this is the same as last years bowl season. Was TCU the only team favored?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

While I agree, this is a great opportunity for Big 12 teams to show they are better than perceived.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
No surprise ND had a bunch of fan sites...anybody know the most popular one. Or the best one for actual football engagement and not "ISU sucks we have nothing to play for blather"...

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Without actually digging into the numbers, it seems like we have done well as an underdog under Campbell, and have struggled as a favorite.

Does anyone remember the spreads against OU and BU this year? Something tells me +8 at OU and +1 at Baylor, but my swiss cheese brain can't recall...

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Hmmm, if I had to bet those;

OSU and take 6.5
LSU and give 12
KSU and give 1
Utah and give 6.5 ( I think I would give 16.5)
Baylor and take 7.5

But those are far from sure fire, parlay it, locks. I leave that to expert(s).

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

Not sure if our bowl choices are poor, or is at that our best team slides into the CFP (when maybe they really don't belong there) and that causes everyone else to move up a notch to a higher bowl and thus a tougher opponent?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So basically this is the same as last years bowl season. Was TCU the only team favored?

Not sure. I found the games, found the lines as well. https://www.betfirm.com/college-bowl-odds/

Last year. So yeah pretty similar with Baylor being the only favorite. Lines were a little bigger.

Oklahoma vs Alabama -14 (Orange Bowl) (CFP)
Texas vs Georgia -10.5 (Sugar Bowl)
Iowa St vs Washington St -4 (Alamo Bowl)
West Virginia vs Syracuse -7 (Camping World Bowl)
Baylor -4.5 vs Vanderbilit (Texas Bowl)
Oklahoma St vs Missouri -8 (Liberty Bowl)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not sure if our bowl choices are poor, or is at that our best team slides into the CFP (when maybe they really don't belong there) and that causes everyone else to move up a notch to a higher bowl and thus a tougher opponent?

Yeah, I wouldn't say that the bowl lineup sucks when every team is an underdog. It would suck if they were playing crap teams across the board and huge favorites. I would say that the opponent strength for the B12 lineup is better than any other conference.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron