Upcoming Schedule

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Iowa game is typically meaningless (and still could be this year one way or another) but this week is likely important if this ISU team really wants an NCAA bid.

But it likely won't matter as I don't think ISU's version of 'good' is sustainable enough over a conference season to do much.

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: ComCY and nallen34

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Realistically, is this a tournament team? If they are they probably need to win the next 2 games, we are at home against a ranked team that should be a win for us. Iowa is at home should be a win. so in the next 12 games we should realistically go 7-5 or 8-4.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Agree that the next two games will tell a lot. Both SH & Iowa are tough matchups. Before anyone goes ballistic, yes Iowa is too, simply cuz of Garza. 44 vs. Michigan and pretty risky to leave open 3 pt shooters if we try to double. Worry about Conditt fouling. But first Seton Hall. Would be a big win! Is Powell the bigger worry or do you let him get his and limit their big four man who did damage vs us last time?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Where in this thread are you seeing that?

Realistically, is this a tournament team? If they are they probably need to win the next 2 games, we are at home against a ranked team that should be a win for us. Iowa is at home should be a win. so in the next 12 games we should realistically go 7-5 or 8-4.

Seton Hall is a great win. ISU could have gone 0-2 this week and still easily made the tournament. There’s a lot of season left, and this won’t be a GREAT team, but mediocrity has been the baseline for a P6 team to make the bracket.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Seton Hall is a great win. ISU could have gone 0-2 this week and still easily made the tournament. There’s a lot of season left, and this won’t be a GREAT team, but mediocrity has been the baseline for a P6 team to make the bracket.
No one has claimed otherwise.

Even with the win last night some projections give us less than a 40% likelihood of making the tournament. It wouldn’t have been easy to make the tournament if we went 0-2 this week. It won’t be easy even going 2-0. That’s the product of being a top-45 team in a conference full of top-30 teams.

Your objection shouldn’t have been with the bar, but with the quality of this team. If you think this team can easily win 9+ games in the Big 12, then losing to every top-45 team in the nonconference isn’t as prohibitive

Last edited:

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I understand the perspective that one game, win or lose, even against a ranked opponent, doesn't guarantee getting in or not. However, the impact of beating a tough opponent could result in renewed confidence, which call lead to more wins.

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014
Speaking of our upcoming schedule, the Jayhawks come to Ames in early January. After this week, KU’s schedule gets interesting: at Villanova, at Stanford (8-1), home vs West Virginia, then at ISU. With Louisville losing tonight to Texas Tech, KU will probably move to #1 next week. I wouldn’t mind seeing KU win those other games and come to Hilton ranked #1 and undefeated.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Speaking of our upcoming schedule, the Jayhawks come to Ames in early January. After this week, KU’s schedule gets interesting: at Villanova, at Stanford (8-1), home vs West Virginia, then at ISU. With Louisville losing tonight to Texas Tech, KU will probably move to #1 next week. I wouldn’t mind seeing KU win those other games and come to Hilton ranked #1 and undefeated.
I would love to see a #1 KU come into Hilton, they do have one loss already though from their first game. I do think Ohio State will give them a run for their money on that #1 ranking.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa

Then you'll need to rewrite history as they already have one loss this year. ;)

Oops..LIBD beat me to it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Big 12 scheduling Kansas at ISU during break, again.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Starting Sunday with SH, through Jan. 29 vs BU, seems brutal. Could see 5-7 in that stretch. These next 2 games will set a tone. 2-0 changes everything.

Well, 1-1 is better than 0-2.
I thought the toughness shown in the SH game would be the team signature. Not so tonight.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Going to finish with 5 non conference losses after we lose at Auburn in January. 8-10 in Big 12 is a pipe dream at this point.

• Winner
Reactions: isu81