Campbell Extended

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’ve been following the Arkansas coaching search on their fansite Hogville.net for pure entertainment value. I’ve never seen such delusion in my life. They all wanted Kiffin and when it leaked they he was going to Ole Miss, many didn’t believe it and said it was a smokescreen for a big reveal for their job. And now there is a video of Kiffin’s kid being told and they are arguing about if it’s his kid.

Now they are saying it’s most likely Gundy or Rhule. If you want to be entertained, go check it out.

As an update, Hogville has moved on from Lane Kiffin to Norvell (FSU was a smokescreen). Now that Norvell is gone, they are onto their Plan B choices: Rhule, Bronco Mendenhall, and Bryan Harsin. I’m not kidding.

Others are starting to realize that maybe winning a couple of SEC games in 3 years has no reasonable candidate wanting to jump into that mess.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
As an update, Hogville has moved on from Lane Kiffin to Norvell (FSU was a smokescreen). Now that Norvell is gone, they are onto their Plan B choices: Rhule, Bronco Mendenhall, and Bryan Harsin. I’m not kidding.

Others are starting to realize that maybe winning a couple of SEC games in 3 years has no reasonable candidate wanting to jump into that mess.
So comical. they are basically throwing s*** at a wall and hoping one will stick.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Why would Rhule leave where he is for Arkansas? Just the SEC angle they are pitching I would assume.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
There was a thread about someone wanting them to go after Briles. Although I will say, more were against that hire then for it.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So comical. they are basically throwing s*** at a wall and hoping one will stick.

Final Arkansas update. Arkansas’ list according to fans was:
Campbell
Kiffin
Rhule
Norvell
Gundy

And they hired a position coach from Georgia who has never even been a coordinator. Hilarious.

Reactions: Scott34

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Hopefully we can add some money to the salary of Tom Manning. He's left us before so I wouldn't be surprised to hear him interviewing for jobs this off season. He's fantastic and turned our relatively mediocre offense in 2018 to a national leader in 2019. Would be a big loss if he landed a HC job somewhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Hopefully we can add some money to the salary of Tom Manning. He's left us before so I wouldn't be surprised to hear him interviewing for jobs this off season. He's fantastic and turned our relatively mediocre offense in 2018 to a national leader in 2019. Would be a big loss if he landed a HC job somewhere.

Not that I don’t think he couldn’t eventually leave, but I think after the awful experience that he had after jumping ship to Indianapolis for a year, he’ll be a lot more hesitant to leave Campbell’s side for just any old gig. He’s got a lot to learn still and I think he’s aware of that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I hope our game in Orlando doesn’t give Notre Dame any ideas about Campbell.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

I don’t think he’s going to jump ship. He very clearly has a lot he still needs to figure out as a coordinator which has been evidenced a number of times this season.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’d recommend listening to Campbell’s media availability from last night. Good stuff on the bowl but even better stuff on the contract.

If you ever want to be reassured that Campbell is committed to Iowa state, you should listen to that. And he gets into how Jamie and him work together well (I.e. Jamie doesn’t bother him with contract stuff during the season).

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I just scrolling through a top coaches article I saw on Facebook and it said 3.6M with a 19.8M buyout. Is this the new extension?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron