*** Official #16 Seton Hall vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This is a tourney team. Get Iowa on Thursday and I’ve got no doubt this team could get 10+ wins in the Big 12. You sneak a good Auburn in late January and I think the Big 12 tournament comes with just seeding implications, but we’re a lock top 4 in the Big 12.

They need Iowa on Thursday though.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
What are the odds that we face Seton Hall again in the tournament?
Just got home. Brief comments:
1) that is the first game we have won in many years due to our toughness. Not since Floyd or Eusatacy. Seton Hall is a tough team. We matched them. Very proud of the clones! Big win.
2) Conditt good.
3) Nixon was my player of the game.
4) somebody needs to tell Griffin how hard it is to make a shot, when at its peak, your shot is only 6” above the rim.

all for now.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Shout out to the student section they brought it tonight. The rest of the crowd was excellent also. What a exciting game. It was really good to see the team play hard defense and not let their cold shooting affect it. Great job by the team tonight to get a hard fought win. It was a lot of fun though nerve wracking at times.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just got home. Brief comments:
1) that is the first game we have won in many years due to our toughness. Not since Floyd or Eusatacy. Seton Hall is a tough team. We matched them. Very proud of the clones! Big win.
2) Conditt good.
3) Nixon was my player of the game.
4) somebody needs to tell Griffin how hard it is to make a shot, when at its peak, your shot is only 6” above the rim.

all for now.

When we were shooting so poorly early, it was easy to forget they were too.

I think we’ve seen enough to know this is not a good shooting team. It is what it is. But all of the guys fight so hard through it. It’s not easy to keep playing hard when nothing falls.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Totally agree. Our point total about midway thru the 1st half had me thinking we'd be lucky to score 40. Hopefully we play that well defensively against the Hoks & shoot like we did against 'Bama.

Oh dear lord that could make for a fun night.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Conditt needs to play as much as possible. Interested to see his +/- for the game.

Nixon had his standard game: 2/7 with good D.

Need to start getting more from the bench besides George.

Griffin kind of seems like Lewis 2.0.

upload_2019-12-9_1-6-55.png

Conditt had a net rating of +7.5 last night.

That line...

126.8 ORTG
at 31.1% usage
72% true shooting
28% block percentage
5/8 from the field, 7/8 from the line
He drew a ton of fouls and made most of his shots from the line
5 blocks
only 2 turnovers (thankfully)
7 boards
only three fouls

Conditt is basically the good version of Cameron Lard only 3" taller and he makes his free throws. This keeps up, and the sky is the limit for him.

I doubt Prohm will make a change before Iowa, and I suppose it is more important who plays the most minutes and who finishes games compared to who starts them, but I think our stating five is going to trend to this soon-ish...

Haliburton
Bolton
Nixon
Jacobson
Conditt
---
Jackson
Grill
Young

I have not seen anything from Griffin that really justifies playing him. Jackson and Grill are still in a dead heat, to me, and I think we will continue seeing both.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
View attachment 69078

Conditt had a net rating of +7.5 last night.

That line...

126.8 ORTG
at 31.1% usage
72% true shooting
28% block percentage
5/8 from the field, 7/8 from the line
He drew a ton of fouls and made most of his shots from the line
5 blocks
only 2 turnovers (thankfully)
7 boards
only three fouls

Conditt is basically the good version of Cameron Lard only 3" taller and he makes his free throws. This keeps up, and the sky is the limit for him.

I doubt Prohm will make a change before Iowa, and I suppose it is more important who plays the most minutes and who finishes games compared to who starts them, but I think our stating five is going to trend to this soon-ish...

Haliburton
Bolton
Nixon
Jacobson
Conditt
---
Jackson
Grill
Young

I have not seen anything from Griffin that really justifies playing him. Jackson and Grill are still in a dead heat, to me, and I think we will continue seeing both.

They are just trying to buy minutes with Solomon one whistle past the first tv timeout.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I would imagine the committee would take a lot of effort to make sure that doesn’t happen (unless both teams were to get to like, the Elite 8 or better, or something).
I know there's rules in place to keep conference teams who played each other 2/3 times apart but I have no clue if thats done for non conference teams who play eachother multiple times

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I would imagine the committee would take a lot of effort to make sure that doesn’t happen (unless both teams were to get to like, the Elite 8 or better, or something).

The committee likes to avoid early tourney rematches from earlier in the year as much as possible. Sometimes it’s unavoidable, but they try to avoid it. Considering ISU has already played SH 2 times in 3 games, I’m guessing they go out of their way to keep the two teams as far away as possible when March comes around.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I believe the announcers just suggested that we are a top half of the conference team. I will happily give that up (IF that's even possible, this year) in exchange for a win next Thursday!

You should feel really bad about this post and your subsequent posts.

Nothing but a Hok troll.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Nice win last night.

Felt like a conference game (B12) where the teams knew what the other would do.

Reffing was a little off but at least they called offensive fouls....that will need to happen Thursday as Iowa's players' best move is to shove and hook their way to the basket due to being coached by a thug.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Really impressed with the toughness and effort, that was a huge win.

Hopefully the shooting improves and we can be a dangerous team.

Just one game but that win changes the “feel” of the season up to this point.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
- Crowd seemed great tonight, but my first of the season, so not much to compare it to. Even during the clankfest in the first 12 mins or so the crowd stayed in it
- people ******** that ISU has no offense don't know what they are talking about. ISU got better looks than SH all night. SH, particularly Powell, hit some really tough shots. ISU missed open looks a LOT
-Nixon was tremendous on D. SHs bigs were beating the **** out of him to get Powell open.
-Bolton is a very underrated defender
- Most physical game I have seen in a while. This team answered the call. Good clean game but every foul was hard.
- Conditt playing as many mins as he can at full throttle is good.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
- Crowd seemed great tonight, but my first of the season, so not much to compare it to. Even during the clankfest in the first 12 mins or so the crowd stayed in it
- people ******** that ISU has no offense don't know what they are talking about. ISU got better looks than SH all night. SH, particularly Powell, hit some really tough shots. ISU missed open looks a LOT
-Nixon was tremendous on D. SHs bigs were beating the **** out of him to get Powell open.
-Bolton is a very underrated defender
- Most physical game I have seen in a while. This team answered the call. Good clean game but every foul was hard.
- Conditt playing as many mins as he can at full throttle is good.

I liked how the teams were playing hard and getting after it but there didn't seem to be animosity, helping each other up, etc.

Far more enjoyable than what Thursday will likely be.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Our offense needs to run through Haliburton and Bolton. Nixon is option #4 after whatever big guy is in there. I really hope Jackson can start becoming a knockdown 3 point shooter.

Just another shout out to NIxon's effort last night. He is a beast on defense and is always in perfect position. There were several shots that Powell took where it was obvious he was trying to just draw a foul and Nixon was in the perfect position and Powell didn't get the calls and clanked the shot.