All Things Notre Dame

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
And the movie was total bull****, from what I hear.
My uncle, who happens to be a Hawk (kind of in line with the Iowa/ND rivalry), always talked smack about that movie. How it wasn't accurate. I always just laughed cause he's one of those crusty old conservatives from the 60's. He always made me laugh.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Took my son to a football camp out there a couple years ago. South Bend is a dump.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Dec 17, 2018
Urbandale
Uhhh, the Norsemen? Next silly question please!

Having grown up in the Lutheran church, many strides have been made to bridge the gap between the Catholics and the Lutherans... but some old rivalries die hard. Can’t wait to see the Cyclones kick the Catholics out of Florida!
Lifelong Lutheran here, Augustana (Rock Island, IL) was affiliated with our eastern Iowa church back when they were a powerhouse. I remember Augie Viking coach Bob Reade was mentioned as a possible candidate for the ISU job during one of the blunder hires, maybe Criner? Reade had won some amazing amount of National Championships at their level.
Years before Reade coached there, they were still pretty good. My confirmation class went to tour the college and attended a football game afterwards. Their QB that day was future Bengals Super Bowl QB Ken Anderson!

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This post over there pretty much sums up where they are at:

“I’m not hear to bad mouth the Cyclones or anybody for that matter. I like their coach and they had a decent year. With that said, if you are ND, how do you get up for this game ? I have no doubt Iowa St will be sky high for this matchup. I just don’t see the Irish getting excited about this game. Maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. ND gains nothing from a win. It is essentially a meaningless bowl game against an unranked opponent. Heck, I could see ND losing this game too. Well either way the game will be played. I hope they win. I also hope they come out of this game injury free. I’m already looking forward to next season.”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

“I’m not hear to bad mouth the Cyclones or anybody for that matter. I like their coach and they had a decent year. With that said, if you are ND, how do you get up for this game ? I have no doubt Iowa St will be sky high for this matchup. I just don’t see the Irish getting excited about this game. Maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. ND gains nothing from a win. It is essentially a meaningless bowl game against an unranked opponent. Heck, I could see ND losing this game too. Well either way the game will be played. I hope they win. I also hope they come out of this game injury free. I’m already looking forward to next season.”

I guess their appearances in the BCS games and CFP have been meaningless too then.

They really should join the B1G to fit in with arrogant fanbases.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Sounds like a whole lot of “that’s their problem, not ours”. ND’s inability to get up for this game has no bearing on how big a win this would be for our program. Further, no bowl should schedule its game based on one team’s “ability to get up for its opponent”. ND - you want to play big time opponents in bowls? Don’t let Michigan hand you your ass in a doggie bag on your way out of Ann Arbor.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
ESPN Prediction:

Camping World Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Iowa State

i
i

(Noon on ABC at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida)

The coaching matchups here are fascinating, as Brian Kelly leads Notre Dame against Iowa State and Matt Campbell, who would be on the short list to succeed Kelly in South Bend. Defensive coordinators Jon Heacock (Iowa State) and Clark Lea (Notre Dame) are both excellent tacticians. Notre Dame's offense is a little more reliable, though, and gets the win behind the Ian Book-Chase Claypool passing connection.

Prediction: Notre Dame 31, Iowa State 23

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...all-bowl-game-including-national-championship

• Funny
Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron