Who is going Camping!!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
4 going - driving down on the 26th stay with family in Tennessee then on to Orlando the 27th. Staying downtown Fri and Saturday night's and probably spend a few more days on one of the coast. Any advice on which coast to stay on?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
We're gonna drive to Nashville and enjoy the night life there on the first night, then fly the next day to Orlando ($181 round trip from Nashville). Will spend 3 nights in Orlando.
Thanks for this idea! I just booked 4 tickets for friday for 188 round trip. We are heading down to hang out thursday night in Nashville. This works perfectly because 3 out of the 4 in our group have never been to Nashville.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: aauummm

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'll be camping... on my sister's couch. She and her husband are ISU grads as well and, since we all have kids and not much $$$ right now to go to bowl games, we'll just have a big family party at their place. I'd have it at mine, but I live 450 miles away and we're visiting them for Christmas anyway.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
My wife's family is all over Florida...

FIL is in the Tampa area.
SIL is in Gainesville.
Her grandmother/aunt are in "The Villages."

...we were going down already on 12/20 and leaving on 12/29.

So this is perfect to take the whole clan of in-laws!

Question... Where is everybody buying tickets? Link me?

I looked on the ISU site, but it seemed to be for Cyclone Club only (at least earlier).

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I live on the Atlantic Coast, so have to disagree. If you like waves and the real ocean it's the best.

I agree if that is your reasoning, but the gulf side just seems to have bluer water and has less junk floating in it from my limited visits.