Free tickets tomorrow

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That’s fine, but what about the people that regularly go to the KU game most years when it’s at 8pm on an Monday or the home game with a OU or WVU team at 8 on a Tuesday night.
Conference games are a different animal.

Tonight's game is huge, for any chance at an NCAA tournament. Hope people who choose not to go find someone that will.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
And just to be clear, I’m only being critical of people who live in Ames or within like 30 minutes who choose to skip the games for the reasons I posted. If you have to drive from like an hour away, I understand why you aren’t going. I’m fortunate to live in Ames and can make every game.

Having to drive 2/3 hours is an extremely valid excuse for not being able to go to the game.

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
And just to be clear, I’m only being critical of people who live in Ames or within like 30 minutes who choose to skip the games for the reasons I posted. If you have to drive from like an hour away, I understand why you aren’t going. I’m fortunate to live in Ames and can make every game.

Having to drive 2/3 hours is an extremely valid excuse for not being able to go to the game.
The worst part about living 2+ hours away is the number of snow games we've had in the last 2 years. It's been incredible. I've skipped a bunch that I wanted to go to but not worth risking death. HWY 30 in a blowing snow is no joke and adds an hour each way. Looking at 8+ total hours.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
Games against top 20 teams should be a different animal too.

You would think so but they aren’t. Time and day of game have the biggest impact on pricing. Sold my Seton hall tickets for 10/ticket. Sold my Texas Tech, Texas and Kstate for over $70/Ticket. None of those teams are ranked but the games are on Saturday.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Seton Hall II doesn't get the juices flowing.
That’s kinda been the problem in Hilton the last few years in my opinion. Fans are seemingly only getting excited for Kansas and Iowa. It’s part of the reason why ISU has lost 10 games at Hilton the last two years. Baylor, TCU, etc are coming in and playing against a laid back atmosphere because our fans aren’t hyped up for those schools. It’s probably never going to happen but could you imagine how awesome it would be if almost every game was a KU/Iowa level atmosphere? That would be insane.

Reactions: NWICY

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Hilton was absolutely fantastic tonight. The regular fans and students were outstanding. If they bring this type of energy all year, it’ll be tough for teams to win in Hilton. With this teams lack of shot making ability, this is the type of crowd we need every game. That was awesome. I’m critical but I’m also not afraid to give the fans their props. Excellent.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah whatever negative nancies were worried about the crowd being light were way off. Not a sellout but there wasnt many empty seats and Hilton sounded loud like a big game should. Great job Cyclone fans!

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin Slifka

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I was really surprised. Other than an Iowa game that was one of the best non-conference crowds we have had in years. We sit 12 rows up in the upper level and there was not a lot of room around us. The team seemed really focused on defense from the opening tip and it really pulled us through those first 10 minutes of terrible shooting.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Kevin Slifka

Nov 22, 2019
I was really surprised. Other than an Iowa game that was one of the best non-conference crowds we have had in years. We sit 12 rows up in the upper level and there was not a lot of room around us. The team seemed really focused on defense from the opening tip and it really pulled us through those first 10 minutes of terrible shooting.
Just a thought and maybe I'm old school, but I'd like to see more layups, free throws and jump shots in warmups. I didn't see any 360 degree behind the back dunks in yesterday's game. Get ready for the game already.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron