Some thoughts on the bowl destination...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
KSU has a better record, they beat us head to head, and they also have a great travel reputation. They have also been a bigger football brand than us over the last 20 years. I can't think of any reason why Orlando would take us over them.

The same reason the Liberty Bowl did 2 years ago?

Reactions: CyDude16

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With the Alamo wanting a Texas-Utah match-up, we still have a shot at CWB. Fingers crossed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is just my opinion, but we are easily the second most attractive bowl team after OU and Baylor. Thinking we will be picked last out of the Big 12 bowl teams with what our fanbase has shown the last few years is crazy. Not to mention we have an AD who knows how to politic this stuff. I'll be pretty surprised if we go to the Liberty at this point.

Setting the local fanbases aside, other than Texas none of the schools piled up in third place have any traditional national following/interest. I think we do have an edge in having a team this year that's more interesting than KSU or OSU for the bowl TV audiences. Purdy and Hall give the announcers something to talk about and neutral fans something to maybe be interested in. Neutral fans can identify with a name QB that isn't named "Who?"

Might not matter, just a thought over mid-morning java.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
We hosted Thanksgiving this year and immediately after I had my gall bladder removed.

I've laid out some cash this month so a bowl trip isn't happening for me this year.:mad:

Get the best bowl possible and just win baby!

I just had an appendectomy this week... between that and hemorrhaging cash out for a wedding next year... a bowl game trip is out of the cards for me too.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This chance at Orlando is messing with me. I'd be interested in Orlando. Was thinking of driving to Ames today but that would be in reservation primetime and I'd miss my window. You could refresh and watch prices pop last year for the Alamo.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There has to be some behind-the-scenes dealmaking going on right now. If Utah gets into the Cotton Bowl, that means USC will go to the Alamo. Texas-Notre Dame in Orlando is attractive to ESPN and traveling fans, but so is Texas-USC in San Antonio.

Every prediction I've seen this morning has USC in the Holiday.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
KSU has a better record, they beat us head to head, and they also have a great travel reputation. They have also been a bigger football brand than us over the last 20 years. I can't think of any reason why Orlando would take us over them.
If Orlando is interested in having a fan base drink all of the Busch Light in the city, ISU is an obvious choice over K-State

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and cygrads

Help Support Us

Become a patron