Free tickets tomorrow

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s a really, really, really weird time slot.
We gave our tix away because of the time and it being Sun night.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Nice move! Surprised these aren't already gone. Passion seems like an all time low this year.

The people I've been talking to are interested in the game but the 8pm on a Sun really kills the desire to make the trip for the casual fan. Starting work on Monday on a short night lots of people are saying no thanks. I'm guessing we'll still have 12,000+. Hopefully the student section fills in well.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
The people I've been talking to are interested in the game but the 8pm on a Sun really kills the desire to make the trip for the casual fan. Starting work on Monday on a short night lots of people are saying no thanks. I'm guessing we'll still have 12,000+. Hopefully the student section fills in well.

I think it will be a good student crowd

Reactions: NWICY

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Free tickets on CycloneFanatic... $6 tickets on StubHub...

Against a top 20 team...

Is this normal? I don’t ever remember seeing tickets being so cheap for a game against a ranked team.
Sunday night at 8:00. I'm going but only because I have to head that way anyway. If not, I wouldn't.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Sunday night at 8:00. I'm going but only because I have to head that way anyway. If not, I wouldn't.
I like how every game has a different excuse as to why people don’t go.

So far this year I’ve seen:
- Weird tip time
- I had to study
- Fred Hoiberg isn’t our coach anymore

- Iowa State Football is good so I don’t care about basketball

- We suck so I’m going to make myself look like a bandwagon fan and not go.

- We play a boring style of basketball

- My NFL team plays so I can’t go

Can we all just be like me and go regardless? If you love ISU Basketball you’ll find the time to go. I skipped my cousins wedding to go to an exhibition game. I went to another exhibition game the day after spending 3 days in the Hospital after being diagnosed with diabetes.

I just want to see better from our fan base. I love ISU Basketball and I know what Hilton is capable when everyone shows up. Prohm and these players deserve everyone’s support.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

- Weird tip time
- I had to study

Can we all just be like me and go regardless? If you love ISU Basketball you’ll find the time to go. I skipped my cousins wedding to go to an exhibition game. I went to another exhibition game the day after spending 3 days in the Hospital after being diagnosed with diabetes.

I just want to see better from our fan base. I love ISU Basketball and I know what Hilton is capable when everyone shows up. Prohm and these players deserve everyone’s support.
Yea I don’t get the 8:00 pm excuse on a Sunday. Last I checked, there are a lot of 8:00 pm games on work nights when Big 12 play starts.

• Winner
Reactions: Thompsonclone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Yea I don’t get the 8:00 pm excuse on a Sunday. Last I checked, there are a lot of 8:00 pm games on work nights when Big 12 play starts.
Good point. I don’t see how 8pm on a Sunday is any different than 8pm on a Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

- Weird tip time
- I had to study

Why are you responding to my post? I didn't make an excuse. I'm going.

And taking 2 others for free.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

- Weird tip time
- I had to study

How's the view up there on your high horse?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Why are you responding to my post? I didn't make an excuse. I'm going.

And taking 2 others for free.
I can’t respond to somebody who responds to me first? I’m happy you’re going. I respect you for that. Just because I responded to your post doesn’t mean I was directing that at you. Your post was a good opportunity to show my disappointment towards others who constantly make excuses. At the end of the day though, I’ll let this topic die though because there’s nothing I can do about getting fans to show up. That’s on them and not me.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I can’t respond to somebody who responds to me first? I’m happy you’re going. I respect you for that. Just because I responded to your post doesn’t mean I was directing that at you. Your post was a good opportunity to show my disappointment towards others who constantly make excuses. At the end of the day though, I’ll let this topic die though because there’s nothing I can do about getting fans to show up. That’s on them and not me.
Fair enough.
To speak for others: An 8:00 game on a Sunday, for people with careers who aren't central Iowans, sucks balls.

I'll get home well after midnight and be at my desk at 6:00. Not an awesome way to start off a week. Winning makes it worth it.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I generally agreed with most of what you said, but any sentence that starts with "can we all just be like me..." is very high horse-esque
I wasn’t being serious about that comment. If everyone was like me Hilton would be dead silent because I just sit there quietly and watch. I’m relying on everyone else to bring the loud atmosphere to Hilton haha.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Fair enough.
To speak for others: An 8:00 game on a Sunday, for people with careers who aren't central Iowans, sucks balls.

I'll get home well after midnight and be at my desk at 6:00. Not an awesome way to start off a week. Winning makes it worth it.
I respect that. It’s definitely not ideal but hopefully people fight through it and make Hilton awesome tonight. Iowa State needs a win like this!

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Nice crowd? Probably. The Hilton we all know and love? Probably not. I just hope for a better student showing tomorrow. The rest of the crowd is usually pretty full.

Its shocking and pretty telling.

- Weird tip time
- I had to study

If someone feels any of the above that you posted, why should they spend the money to go? The game is also a big time commitment when you factor gameplay with traffic/any commute.

I'm not driving up to Ames and spending the money to be depressed in seeing Hilton a shell of what it once was, boring style of play, and to be frustrated for two hours of a lack of coaching adjustments or any creativity.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes diagnosis.

• Friendly

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Can we all just be like me and go regardless? If you love ISU Basketball you’ll find the time to go. I skipped my cousins wedding to go to an exhibition game.
I dunno, that's not all that impressive. I'd gladly skip a cousin's wedding to take a nap.

If the game were earlier I'd be pumped to go and actually take my kids to a good game. But they're young and I'm not keeping them out that late on a school night.

• Friendly

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I dunno, that's not all that impressive. I'd gladly skip a cousin's wedding to take a nap.

If the game were earlier I'd be pumped to go and actually take my kids to a good game. But they're young and I'm not keeping them out that late on a school night.
That’s fine, but what about the people that regularly go to the KU game most years when it’s at 8pm on an Monday or the home game with a OU or WVU team at 8 on a Tuesday night.

• Funny
Reactions: DreamyCy