**2019 College Football**

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
It matters, but losing two regular season games is worse than the champ game being your only loss.

But they keep bragging that the entire season is a playoff, teams eliminating teams to get in that joke 4-team playoff....and now you're telling me that losing your final game of the season doesn't affect ya, is a flawed system, which it IS! That's why it would be an 8-team playoff. In that scenario, Wisky gets in as the Big 10 champ and Ohio State as a most likely wildcard.

Another scenario, let's pretend that Ohio State came into tonight at the #4 team and then lose, THEN do you you think they are out or is it because they're currently #1?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Once Georgia lost, OSU was guaranteed a spot. They are sitting anyone with a slight injury. One CB has a sore thumb and was pulled. They know this is a only tune up game for the the Championship round.

I'm surprised Fields is still in.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm in the camp that a two loss team can't get in if there's one loss teams no matter the conference title game. OU got to do this in 2003 when KSU jumped on them in KC. 'Bama didn't even get into the conference title game in 2017 and was in the CFP.

Give me 8 conferences of 10 teams each, conference title game is part of the playoffs, loser goes to a bowl.
If you have 10 team conferences and they all play 9 conference games there’s no need for CCGs.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But they keep bragging that the entire season is a playoff, teams eliminating teams to get in that joke 4-team playoff....and now you're telling me that losing your final game of the season doesn't affect ya, is a flawed system, which it IS! That's why it would be an 8-team playoff. In that scenario, Wisky gets in as the Big 10 champ and Ohio State as a most likely wildcard.

Another scenario, let's pretend that Ohio State came into tonight at the #4 team and then lose, THEN do you you think they are out or is it because they're currently #1?

If they came in at #4 that means they'd likely have 1 loss, a loss tonight would give them 2 in which case, no, they wouldn't be in.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you have 10 team conferences and they all play 9 conference games there’s no need for CCGs.

Like there's a need for basketball conference tournaments?

If people will fill stadiums for one more game of football, they'd still happen.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron