Some thoughts on the bowl destination...

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Ok full disclosure: I don't know anything. Nobody does.

However, with Oklahoma likely doing to the Playoff, Iowa State (and every other Big 12 team) will move up in the bowl game pecking order.

We knew this was a possibility heading into the weekend but even with that, the information we had gotten pointed towards Memphis, Houston or Phoenix. Jamie Pollard has gone on the record with this.

I'm just speculating here but am not 100 percent it's that simple. From what I understand, the Camping World Bowl vs. Notre Dam could still very much be in play.

Texas will end up in the Alamo. Oklahoma State went to Orlando two years ago.

So it's Iowa State or Kansas State, another fan base that traditionally travels very well.

But is it really a slam dunk that Orlando will take K-State over ISU? Or is JP attempting to keep expectations low for the fan base that surely won't be crazy about going back to Memphis?

It's certainly possible. But take it from a guy who is planning to host another bowl charter this year, I'm not banking on it. I'm anxious for tomorrow because I think an Iowa State vs. Notre Dame matchup in the Camping World Bowl still has a bit of life.

If not Orlando, then who knows. I still think it could be any of the other three, depending on a lot of behind the scene stuff going on that I have no clue about.

Stay tuned.

Regardless, if you're thinking about traveling, get on our email list and we'll have information out as soon as possible tomorrow afternoon regarding the trip.

http://www.ebsportstours.com/teams/iowastate/cyclonefanatic/

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Seems like a lot of pundits think Camping World Bowl want Texas vs ND - just a matter of Alamo passing on Texas. If Alamo takes Texas then anything could happen.

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Seems like a lot of pundits think Camping World Bowl want Texas vs ND - just a matter of Alamo passing on Texas. If Alamo takes Texas then anything could happen.

There has to be some behind-the-scenes dealmaking going on right now. If Utah gets into the Cotton Bowl, that means USC will go to the Alamo. Texas-Notre Dame in Orlando is attractive to ESPN and traveling fans, but so is Texas-USC in San Antonio.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I think Alamo is clearly Texas. So Camping World is us KState or OSU. OSU I think is out there as they’ve been recently and are down their QB. So Camping World is probably in play. Even if they took KState I think we get picked by the Texas bowl. Then OSU gets stuck in the Liberty even though they were there last year. Other bowls aren’t going to factor the Liberty bowl pick when they make theirs.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'll challenge Jerry Lawler to a steel cage match on Beale St. if it's Memphis.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Alamo Bowl has a streak of pitting top 25 teams against each other, my guess is they want to keep that. They are pretty proud of that streak.