Campbell Extended

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
This has been an annoying week on social media.

Everyone that is a fan of a "coach-less" school is taking credit for Campbell's extension and/or raise. Why would Campbell or Leach want to leave their current situations and go to sorry ass Arkansas?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA

Everyone that is a fan of a "coach-less" school is taking credit for Campbell's extension and/or raise. Why would Campbell or Leach want to leave their current situations and go sorry ass Arkansas?

Smart coaches like Campbell and Leach wouldn't. Every now and then a team like Arkansas finds a guy like Bielema and I'm still baffled by his terrible decision.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34 and aauummm

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Aren't all people who call into sports shows dumb? How bored does one have to be to do that? My mind is blown by regular callers into sports shows.

It's PROJECTION my friends.....Most of these callers have never seen a football field except on TV......speaking of the radio did any of you guys see on KCCI TV that Marty Tirade Tirrell may get 20 years in the slams plus a $250,000 fine?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Everyone that is a fan of a "coach-less" school is taking credit for Campbell's extension and/or raise. Why would Campbell or Leach want to leave their current situations and go to sorry ass Arkansas?

I’ve been following the Arkansas coaching search on their fansite Hogville.net for pure entertainment value. I’ve never seen such delusion in my life. They all wanted Kiffin and when it leaked they he was going to Ole Miss, many didn’t believe it and said it was a smokescreen for a big reveal for their job. And now there is a video of Kiffin’s kid being told and they are arguing about if it’s his kid.

Now they are saying it’s most likely Gundy or Rhule. If you want to be entertained, go check it out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Smart coaches like Campbell and Leach wouldn't. Every now and then a team like Arkansas finds a guy like Bielema and I'm still baffled by his terrible decision.

Bielema has the maturity of about a 19 year old frat boy so there was nothing baffling about anything he's done.

Actually at UW you have another of that type in Barry that I think is always around and makes for an unpleasant time as a coach.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I’ve been following the Arkansas coaching search on their fansite Hogville.net for pure entertainment value. I’ve never seen such delusion in my life. They all wanted Kiffin and when it leaked they he was going to Ole Miss, many didn’t believe it and said it was a smokescreen for a big reveal for their job. And now there is a video of Kiffin’s kid being told and they are arguing about if it’s his kid.

Now they are saying it’s most likely Gundy or Rhule. If you want to be entertained, go check it out.
I have literally done the same thing. At the beginning of the week they all thought it was Campbell or Kiffin. The way the dominoes have fallen, they are all throwing out stupid guesses and hoping one will stick. It is pure gold and comedy watching the whole site implode before my eyes.

Reactions: cycloneworld

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Somewhat serious question. Why isn’t the chiz being talked about for Arkansas or Missouri?

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

No, I do not want to be entertained by a fanbase that tailgates in the woods.

Arkansas fans were posting some dumb stuff. Some were looking down their noses at Campbell calling him Chad Morris 2.0. Ironically enough Campbell did better at Toledo than Morris at SMU, and better at ISU than Morris at Arkansas.

Some demanded Mark Richt come coach there. Others thought Leach was leaps and bounds better than Campbell. Outside of 2 great seasons in 18 years, Mike Leach is basically an 8-5 coach. 8-5 is fine, but us Big 12 folks are well aware of his short comings, that those outside of the B12/Pac12 foot print realize.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Somewhat serious question. Why isn’t the chiz being talked about for Arkansas or Missouri?

Some well known media member suggested Arkansas go out and get a retread like Chizik. Can't remember the other coaching name he threw out there. I don't hold any ill will towards GC. He was a bad fit at ISU and will ultimately have his legacy tied to Cam Newton and Gus as he's a questionable coach. In Arkansas where expectations should be low, he might be a decent bridge gap coach to get them to a bowl game or two. He's got recruiting connections down there.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I have literally done the same thing. At the beginning of the week they all thought it was Campbell or Kiffin. The way the dominoes have fallen, they are all throwing out stupid guesses and hoping one will stick. It is pure gold and comedy watching the whole site implode before my eyes.

Exactly. It also shows how almost all fanbases think WAY higher about their program than it actually is. I actually read a post that was “I’d settle for Gundy or Patterson from TCU”.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Exactly. It also shows how almost all fanbases think WAY higher about their program than it actually is. I actually read a post that was “I’d settle for Gundy or Patterson from TCU”.

Settle? Gundy is about as good of a coach as you'll find for a non blueblood program.

Everyone wants their team to win 10/11 games a year. The reality is that most of the good/stable coaches are predominantly 8-4-ish over their career with occasional10 win season. Gundy/Leach/Ferentz/Wittingham for example. With what we've seen with Campbell I don't have any doubts he'll fit that role as well. Hopefully his standout season occurs next year.

Patterson in the big 12 has either won 11 games or had down years only winning 7 or fewer. Brian Kelly was 8-4-ish for quite a few years at ND, before a good 3 year run recently. You gotta take the good with the mediocre with these type of coaches because the alternative is most likely a dumpster fire.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Settle? Gundy is about as good of a coach as you'll find for a non blueblood program.

Everyone wants their team to win 10/11 games a year. The reality is that most of the good/stable coaches are predominantly 8-4-ish over their career with occasional10 win season. Gundy/Leach/Ferentz/Wittingham for example. With what we've seen with Campbell I don't have any doubts he'll fit that role as well. Hopefully his standout season occurs next year.

Patterson in the big 12 has either won 11 games or had down years only winning 7 or fewer. Brian Kelly was 8-4-ish for quite a few years at ND, before a good 3 year run recently. You gotta take the good with the mediocre with these type of coaches because the alternative is most likely a dumpster fire.
Seriously, go to Hogville forums and just look through some of the forums. The way they talk on that page, you would honestly think are a top team in the SEC that are fighting for Conference titles every year.