***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Your post really went downhill fast.

How many 7-5 teams garner a lot of attention for anyone to even laugh at them?

ISU proved to be at the level that gets you to 7-5 and what they get for a bowl is what they deserve.

I don't disagree at all that we probably deserve that matchup and that bowl..... but we wouldn't have to accept the invite. It would be a national embarrassment.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't disagree at all that we probably deserve that matchup and that bowl..... but we wouldn't have to accept the invite. It would be a national embarrassment.

Who on a national stage is going to be talking about it?

You should go tell the players that, and that they should just cancel it after all the work they put in.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
last bowl in Houston want exactly warm...although game was indoors so it didn’t matter.

I'm not asking for 90 degree weather, the last 2 times in Memphis it's been rain and 30ish degrees.

Houston is close enough to Galveston that I can at least visit the beach :)

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I guess I wouldn't hate if we got the Liberty Bowl. New years eve game, cool bowl trophy, not a stupid bowl game name (looking at you Cheez-It and Camping World).

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If we go to the Liberty Bowl and win, we would have 5 bowl wins all time but only in 3 different bowls.

Insight x2
Independence
Liberty x2

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

It isn't going to happen, so there's no reason for any of us to get too excited.... I'm just saying if somehow it did.... it would be the worst bowl ISU has ever been to.... and yes that includes the Humanitarian and Pinstripe bowls.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
It isn't going to happen, so there's no reason for any of us to get too excited.... I'm just saying if somehow it did.... it would be the worst bowl ISU has ever been to.... and yes that includes the Humanitarian and Pinstripe bowls.

Shreveport against a MAC team is up there but at least we won that.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
OMG..... that is downright embarrassing. Was Incarnate Word not available or what? If that actually happened, JP would HAVE to do everything possible to get us moved down to the Cheez It Bowl somehow.

If we get a matchup with Liberty in the Liberty Bowl.... about 5k ISU fans will show up.... which will be about 4k more than what should show up for that matchup.

The more I think about that.... we should just turn down going to a bowl this year if that was our only choice IMO.

Why are we getting so passionate about some dude on Twitter's prediction?

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The Liberty Bowl has an alternate agreement with the American Conference. If there is no SEC team, they'll have an American Conference team. They won't pick Liberty unless something went sideways.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Oklahoma State deserves it over Iowa State, and I have no issue with ISU being passed over by the CWB by either Okla. State or Kansas State. Next time, the Cyclones should beat those suckers!

I agree with you on having no issue with ISU being passed over. I just don't think it always works this way. If it works out that ISU is in Orlando against ND that's fantastic for the program. If it works out that ISU is in any other bowl against any other team, that's also fantastic as it's nice to win a bowl game but it's also a great foundation for 2020 to get all the extra reps this entire opportunity provides them.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
No kidding. Some ISU fans have very short memories.

This is craziness. Weve been to less than 15 bowl games in the history of our program, we have a couple decent seasons (great by our standards) and now people are getting picky about where we go... less than 10 years ago we just prayed to get invited to the toilet bowl.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is craziness. Weve been to less than 15 bowl games in the history of our program, we have a couple decent seasons (great by our standards) and now people are getting picky about where we go... less than 10 years ago we just prayed to get invited to the toilet bowl.

If ISU earns a 10 seed to the tourney this year, do we fans boycott?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'd love to play Liberty. Blow out a team in a bowl game.

We've literally never done that. I don't see this team blowing out anyone in a bowl game. They're very good, but can play up to and down to anyone. Special teams issues all over the place, defense porous as of late, and offense inconsistentcy.

We'll be fortunate to come away with any kind of W in a bowl game just like every other time we've been in one.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We've literally never done that. I don't see this team blowing out anyone in a bowl game. They're very good, but can play up to and down to anyone. Special teams issues all over the place, defense porous as of late, and offense inconsistentcy.

We'll be fortunate to come away with any kind of W in a bowl game just like every other time we've been in one.

Yeah, i'd bet no matter who we play we'll be within a TD. Seems like this team would be within a TD vs kansas or vs Alabama.

Reactions: cyfanatic