Joe Burrow - ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
https://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow-36575/high-school-60304/

Never realized we were close to landing him. Had a couple crystal balls.

200.webp

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Lawrence Cager mentioned every 30 seconds in this SEC champ game. Another guy we almost got

• Funny
Reactions: cycl144

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Yup. Jamie who was a LB at Nebraska is the older one.
No, that's Dan who played safety for Ames High and then Nebraska. Jamie was LB/TE, AHS Class of '97. Dan was AHS Class of '00. I played with both (AHS Class of '99). Honestly the older two were far enough from Joe age wise that I didn't even know they had another brother. I thought Joe was maybe a cousin or something until a couple years ago.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No, that's Dan who played safety for Ames High and then Nebraska. Jamie was LB/TE, AHS Class of '97. Dan was AHS Class of '00. I played with both (AHS Class of '99). Honestly the older two were far enough from Joe age wise that I didn't even know they had another brother. I thought Joe was maybe a cousin or something until a couple years ago.

Ok I'd never heard of Dan

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Joe was coming to Iowa State until Ohio State offered. His Dad Jim (my high school coach at Ames High) was very close to coming back to coach the secondary for Rhoads as well. I pushed for Joe to look at Iowa State when he decided to transfer. Don’t think there was any mutual interest. Regardless, I am very happy and excited for the Burrow family. Dan (pictured above) is one of my best friends from high school. Knowing and seeing the whole family have a Heisman Trophy is incredible. Another thought I had this evening. You know how close Ames High was to having NBA players and Olympic Gold Medalists and then a Heisman Trophy winner? I know it’s a stretch but Jim, Robyn and Joe could have easily stayed in Ames. Never cared about LSU football until the last two years and am now a huge fan. Good luck to Joe and the Tigers in the playoffs!

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
No. If Kempt isn't back he doesn't get injured in the Iowa game which eventually led to Purdy becoming the starter later in the season.

Noland still would have sucked and Purdy would have came in.