Iowa/Iowa St.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think that's just a cop out IMO.

To say before the game is played that basically the only way ISU loses is if they play bad is just a cop out.

So no matter what, if ISU loses the game, you'll be on here saying we only lost because we played bad? You've determined that already?

I think we could play decently and still lose the game. Obviously Iowa would have to play a really good game, but I think they are capable of still beating us even if we play halfway decent.

You realize Iowa can play that same game, right? If we beat them, they'll just say it was because they played bad.... and they wouldn't be anymore right or wrong than us saying the same thing if we lost.

The only times in the last decade that ISU has played well vs. Iowa was in 2014 and maybe 2011 with Royce.

Iowa in that frame has had players launching threes from 5 feet beyond the arc, throwing out ringers to muddy up the game, and had a kid one year hit for what, 30? in a half.

I do agree though--ISU's not very good so it's possible they play to their potential and lose, but that may be the case for the season.

Iowa will play their best or at least their hardest though, no question.

• Useful
Reactions: ISUMojoMan

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
That Michigan didn’t easily beat us.

Not that 7 games without being easily defeated would be sufficient in meaning Iowa couldn’t easily defeat this team. I don’t feel it’s likely, but that’s more due to Iowa than what we’ve seen from our previous 7 games.

Michigan didn't easily beat us. They were clearly the better team, but we scratched and clawed to stay in that game. Hell, we better a better job against them than Iowa did.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think that's just a cop out IMO.

To say before the game is played that basically the only way ISU loses is if they play bad is just a cop out.

So no matter what, if ISU loses the game, you'll be on here saying we only lost because we played bad? You've determined that already?

I think we could play decently and still lose the game. Obviously Iowa would have to play a really good game, but I think they are capable of still beating us even if we play halfway decent.

You realize Iowa can play that same game, right? If we beat them, they'll just say it was because they played bad.... and they wouldn't be anymore right or wrong than us saying the same thing if we lost.

I don't think we can play "decent" and lose to an NIT caliber team at home

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Honestly I like the fact Iowa is coming into this game playing pretty well to start the season, our guys know this time it will take good execution (making shots/defense) to win this game.

I'm interested to see how they play against Seton Hall, first real big game in Hilton this year. Should be pretty telling of how the Iowa game will go.

• Agree
Reactions: Lafaester54

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I think our team only has two weaknesses - poor D and poor shooting.

Iowa may be a bunch of pasty slow iowa dudes, but they can shoot. And of course they'll be motivated because they're from iowa.

If we're off from 3....we're in trouble.

Tyrese may need to go for 40.

Uh rebounding? Lol

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I know I will take some heat from some for this, but the "Magic" is nowhere near what it used to be IMO.
I completely agree. Been saying this for awhile. Hilton isn’t that loud anymore unless it’s KU or Iowa in the building. Went to Texas, Baylor, and KSU games last year and they were all dead.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What has caused Hilton to go downhill? Style of play? Inconsistencies? Home losses?

Was it an overrated thing to rely on?

'Hilton Magic' seems to derive from huge comebacks or just playing wild vs. highly ranked teams.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What has caused Hilton to go downhill? Style of play? Inconsistencies? Home losses?

Was it an overrated thing to rely on?

'Hilton Magic' seems to derive from huge comebacks or just playing wild vs. highly ranked teams.

Aging crowd. Nowadays if you sit in the lower bowl you are next to a bunch of blue hairs who treat the game like they’re attending a sacred pagan ritual. If you disturb this in anyway (make noise, cheer, stand up) then the crow god won’t bless us with a bountiful harvest, or something.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Aging crowd. Nowadays if you sit in the lower bowl you are next to a bunch of blue hairs who treat the game like they’re attending a sacred pagan ritual. If you disturb this in anyway (make noise, cheer, stand up) then the crow god won’t bless us with a bountiful harvest, or something.

Hasn't it been that way for quite a few years though? I know it was believed Bruce screwed it up in the lower bowl.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I sit in the lower bowl and this isn't accurate at all. Hilton relies on students

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
There are empty stadiums and arena's all over the place. When you get games in HD or 4k why attend live.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingus

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron