Oklahoma/Utah- Who makes the Playoff?

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
If all the undefeated teams lose today, could the Big12 winner leapfrog any of them?

I could see OU leaping Clemson in that scenario, but I don't think Baylor has the brand to leapfrog any of them.

After Dabo's whining I really want Clemson to lose and be left out. He's one of those guys that doesn't want to expand the Playoff because his team always gets in with an easy schedule. He might change his tune if he got left out.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If all the undefeated teams lose today, could the Big12 winner leapfrog any of them?

I could see OU leaping Clemson in that scenario, but I don't think Baylor has the brand to leapfrog any of them.

After Dabo's whining I really want Clemson to lose and be left out. He's one of those guys that doesn't want to expand the Playoff because his team always gets in with an easy schedule. He might change his tune if he got left out.

IF Clemson were to lose today, in a sane system they’d be lucky to hang onto #4, as they have played absolutely nobody this year and their loss would be to probably the weakest opponent in any P5 championship game. But knowing this system, OU would be lucky to jump Clemson.

That being said, I’d be stunned if Clemson loses today.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Scruff

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No, but the fans and supporters of the rapists and murderers are still there. Why should they be rewarded? **** them.
Tell me who you have ever seen who was a fan or supporter of a rapist?

I’m guessing you consider yourself educated and enlightened enough to think stereotyping and bigotry to be a bad thing. Guess what you’re doing right now?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Most people are bright enough to realize that the murderers and rapists don’t play on this Baylor team now.

it’s like saying that everyone on Penn State is a pedophile. Just plain stupid.
actually a lot of people don't seem t o grasp this on CF.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Tell me who you have ever seen who was a fan or supporter of a rapist?

I’m guessing you consider yourself educated and enlightened enough to think stereotyping and bigotry to be a bad thing. Guess what you’re doing right now?

Kim Mulkey, the Baylor women’s coach had some pretty tone deaf comments about the whole thing when it came out, which I took as blind support for rapists, or at least those responsible for the cover up. **** Baylor.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Most people are bright enough to realize that the murderers and rapists don’t play on this Baylor team now.

it’s like saying that everyone on Penn State is a pedophile. Just plain stupid.

Without the compliance of the institution that is Baylor, there is no widespread sexual assault cover up. They allowed this to go on, unchecked and unchallenged just as many at Penn St did. That is a school I can never again root for

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No, but the fans and supporters of the rapists and murderers are still there. Why should they be rewarded? **** them.
Maybe "supporters" would be correct i.e. administration. I don't think you have a stadium full of "fans" gleefully cheering known rapists on to victory.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
PAC 12 is out with Utah's loss last night, if every thing plays out with the favorites winning, LSU, OSU, and Clemson, the winner of the big 12 game should be the 4th team.
OU will have a conference championship beating Baylor twice setting at 12-1, they are name school. Baylor if they win, would also be a conference champ, 12-1, also redeeming their one loss on the season.

Georgia, Wisconsin, Alabama would all be two loss teams, As well as Utah and Oregon, We just need Clemson, LSU and OSU to win tonight, all are favored to do so.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
People are way too forgiving for really awful behaviors in our society.

America has always been a nation willing to give people and groups a second chance. What went on at Baylor was horrible, just like Penn. State, but there is no one involved in either scandal still at either school. All involved were fired, some went to prison, as the should off, blame those that committed the crimes, not those that followed them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
America has always been a nation willing to give people and groups a second chance. What went on at Baylor was horrible, just like Penn. State, but there is no one involved in either scandal still at either school. All involved were fired, some went to prison, as the should off, blame those that committed the crimes, not those that followed them.

I'm in the camp of shutting down the entire institution and not looking back and going far beyond prison time or firing people for this type of stuff. Realistic? No. Would it be an actual standard? Yep.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm in the camp of shutting down the entire institution and not looking back and going far beyond prison time or firing people for this type of stuff. Realistic? No. Would it be an actual standard? Yep.

Without a punishment that fits the crime, future institutions will look at examples and think oh well the backlash might be bad for a bit but all will be forgotten after a year or so.

I mean for ***** sake both Baylor and Penn St were fighting for CFB berths just years after their scandals. Its insanity

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Without a punishment that fits the crime, future institutions will look at examples and think oh well the backlash might be bad for a bit but all will be forgotten after a year or so.

I mean for ***** sake both Baylor and Penn St were fighting for CFB berths just years after their scandals. Its insanity

Yep but SMU got a death penalty because they got caught paying players.