***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I mean OU spotted BU 28 points and home field advantage and still won. BU is not the better team

OU has shown over the last few years that they are more than capable of flat not showing up for games. Having said that, I think OU will come ready to play. BU seems to sorta stall in the second half of games, so it OU can be close or tied at the half, I think they will win.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
i guarantee you the players and coaches would love a shot at ND or A&M

Yeah, I don't think they are or should be afraid of anyone that are going to get matched up with. There is almost no way that ISU would end up against ND. A loss to ISU would be devastating to the ND egos.

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
So if Oregon pulls out this W, OU beats the bad bears tomorrow but barely, that puts OU at 4th CFP spot, Baylor maybe* in NY6, where does that likely put us? Memphis still?

If OU or BAY makes the playoff the loser of the Big 12 Championship game automatically goes to the Sugar Bowl.

• Winner
  • Friendly
Reactions: isu81 and isufbcurt

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The economic impact probably matters to certain bowls/communities more than others. San Antonio really embraces the Alamo Bowl but can you say the same for Orlando and the Camping World Bowl?

True. We went to the Houston Bowl against TCU. Houston sucked in terms of bowl destinations. I doubt 90% of Houston had a clue there was a bowl game going on that week.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Alamo Bowl will pass on Texas just to keep their top 25 matchup streak alive. They are pretty proud of that and advertise it like crazy.

They should be.

Sometimes you have to do some searching for interesting matchups and when two ranked teams emerge out of the pile, it seems actually exciting.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So if Oregon pulls out this W, OU beats the bad bears tomorrow but barely, that puts OU at 4th CFP spot, Baylor maybe* in NY6, where does that likely put us? Memphis still?

If OU is in the playoff then Baylor is automatically in the Sugar Bowl

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I'm seeing updates of OSU to Camping World Bowl after Pac 12 Title Game. I know they beat us but just don't see how a team down two major weapons on offense is chosen here. PLUS the CyclONEnation factor on top of that...

• Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014

If the Big 12 gets a playoff team that probably puts UT in the Alamo and then the camping World would probably pick between KSU, OSU, and ISU instead of taking UT.