2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yeah but if he would have left maybe Ruhle would have went to PSU
Maybe. Baylor has been a closer to making the playoffs than Penn State has since it started, and Baylor can basically admit anyone they want into school and no one really knows how much he's being paid there. Plus being able to recruit Texas.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He deserves better lol
Yeah I was kind of wondering who would be on that C level. Fedora, Graham, RichRod.

I’m surprised Fickell’s name doesn’t come up more often but he’s never left Ohio. Would be a good MSU option.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That seems underwhelming. Nothing against Norvell.

Only because people set their standards way too high for these things.

only like 4 currrent P5 coaches left from other P5 schools to take their current jobs. Meaning almost all vacancies are, in general, going to be filled by G5 HCs or P5 coordinators. There's just no upside for most successful coaches to leave their program that is already a fully-running machine, to go start over somewhere else. A little extra short-term money perhaps, but a lot of extra risk.

FSU is going out and grabbing the highest-ranked G5 head coach who has won 10 games 2 of the last 3 seasons.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Yeah I was kind of wondering who would be on that C level. Fedora, Graham, RichRod.

I’m surprised Fickell’s name doesn’t come up more often but he’s never left Ohio. Would be a good MSU option.
Agree on Fickle - he's done a very good job at Cincinnati.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can't understand why Rhule and "row the boat" are not being mentioned for any of the higher profile college openings. Seems like CMC is always on everyone's list for some reason.

Both signed new contracts this year.