Lazard on Jim Rome today

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Despite the hate in here Jim has been good to ISU. Fred was a guest, Niang, Campbell, I think this will be Allen's second JR interview.

That incident wasn't great but that was early in his career. He wouldn't be still doing this if he wasn't good at what he does.
He had Seneca on when he was the Heisman leader halfway thru the season, before the collapse.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
his snarky look after he calls him Chris, thinking there is no way he'll do anything to him on television. Is an all time d-bag look lol.

EsteemedFocusedBarnacle-max-1mb.gif
I don't mind Jim Rome. I use to listen to him all the time. But he definitely deserved to get his ass kicked. I think even he would admit that today. He seems embarrassed by the incident now.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
He had Seneca on when he was the Heisman leader halfway thru the season, before the collapse.

Getting off-topic here, but man, as disappointing as last Saturday was, it is absolutely nothing compared to losing at home to 'effin UCONN in the last home game of the season disappointing.

• Informative
Reactions: bawbie and HappyJoe

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If AL can stay in AR good graces, boy, talk about setting up a solid career. I say that as die hard MN fan.
Seconded as a life long Bears fan. It's remarkable how quickly I've forgotten to hate the Pack now that AL is catching balls from AR.

• Agree
Reactions: StateThrowdown

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Getting off-topic here, but man, as disappointing as last Saturday was, it is absolutely nothing compared to losing at home to 'effin UCONN in the last home game of the season disappointing.
Yeah, that was truly a classic Cyclone kick in the nuts.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't mind Jim Rome. I use to listen to him all the time. But he definitely deserved to get his ass kicked. I think even he would admit that today. He seems embarrassed by the incident now.
He's still a sarcastic prick but he isn't bad.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Worth watching it in full:

As dooshy of a moment that was, give Rome at least this much credit - he said it right to Everett's face. Most people in that situation would pretend they had never said anything while having the "I dunno why you're giving me that 'I'm going to murder you' look" on their face while there's a gigantic elephant in the room off screen.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

My favorite junk punch was losing to Misery 15 years ago in OT with Shaggy missing a potential GW chip shot in regulation and a trip to the B12 CCG hanging in the balance.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
As dooshy of a moment that was, give Rome at least this much credit - he said it right to Everett's face. Most people in that situation would pretend they had never said anything while having the "I dunno why you're giving me that 'I'm going to murder you' look" on their face while there's a gigantic elephant in the room off screen.

Give an a-hole credit for being an a-hole

Meh. I'll pass.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
My favorite junk punch was losing to Misery 15 years ago in OT with Shaggy missing a potential GW chip shot in regulation and a trip to the B12 CCG hanging in the balance.

Oh man...I don't think I had ever been as mad after an ISU football game as I felt that day...until losing to Kansas a year later with the exact same circumstances at stake.

F*ckin' McCarney thought it was more worthwhile to use a scholarship on a 6th-string tight end than use it on a kicker...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oh man...I don't think I had ever been as mad after an ISU football game as I felt that day...until losing to Kansas a year with the exact same circumstances at stake.

F*ckin' McCarney thought it was more worthwhile to use a scholarship on a 6th-string tight end than use it on a kicker...
First time I ever heard my old man call some one a mother f***er was at the end of that Kansas game. That was downright awful.

• Funny
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Every interview Jim goes with a off the board question with a guest. He asked Allen what his favorite fast food is and thought it would be in and out. Allen said he is a whataburger guy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Yeah he isn't proud of that moment but at the same time it's iconic and apart of his story.

Rome isn't for everyone but I love the whole clone on clone crime aspect of the show. He really has created his own world with the callers. The Smackoff is still appointment listening to me every year.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone