Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think Garza is easily in that mix as of now. I'm not sure on #5.

Agree; kind of. I don't think overall Garza and Jacobson are much different in what they bring. Garza is 'somewhat' more consistent on offense, Jacobson while no world beater on defense is better.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Probably comes down to Till or Lewis.
I love the name Riley Till. It sounds like the name of the designer's assistant from a movie about the fashion industry. "Riley Till. Head down to the fashion district and pick up 2 yards of that fabric we were looking at and be back in 20 minutes and get me a latte on your way back. I'll be up all night altering this gown for the princess."

• Funny
Reactions: kentkel

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
CyTwins: Who are the best five players between ISU and Iowa in order (not counting JorBo)?

My opinion, and I have a some cop out tie:

Halliburton
Garza
Bolton
CJF
Connor/Jacobson tie

I think the top 4 are easy. I tie Jacobson and Connor because they fulfill the same role on each team despite having different positions - be smart, don't make mistakes, fill your role and do it well. I also think CJF is shooting great, and that's really blowing out his numbers, but IMO no way he keeps this going all season. Just my opinion.

• Funny
Reactions: Cytown12

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Doesn't matter. They are not a good team and we are in Hilton. It's going to be a blood bath.

I remember feeling this way too at times.

But we aren't that great right now. And if our guys come out not ready to play, or jacked for maybe the 2nd big game in Hilton this year and shoot as bad as we know they can, this thing gets crazy ugly.

• Agree
Reactions: psychlone99

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My opinion, and I have a some cop out tie:

Halliburton
Garza
Bolton
CJF
Connor/Jacobson tie

I think the top 4 are easy. I tie Jacobson and Connor because they fulfill the same role on each team despite having different positions - be smart, don't make mistakes, fill your role and do it well. I also think CJF is shooting great, and that's really blowing out his numbers, but IMO no way he keeps this going all season. Just my opinion.
I don’t want to be a d*ck, but you lose some with me for having Connor and not having Wieskamp.

I’d take Wieskamp on our team over any other player from there.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Same foul concern for Conditt. Having Jocobson and Solomon where EIU has the drop off to Kriener obviously limit the exposure if Conditt gets a couple of early fouls but the team is at it's best with him blocking shots and finishing lobs at the rim.

This won't be popular but Kriener is at least as good as Solomon if not better.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Didn't both players get technicals? Still, I suppose Jacobson is a greater asset to Iowa State than no-actual-basketball-skill Pemsl is to Iowa.

And to think, Iowa fans like to complain about Iowa State bringing in thug players...
I am not sure Pemsl is no talent. But for sure this year is "no intact acl" so won't be playing. If they put him out there I will laugh my ass off.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don’t want to be a d*ck, but you lose some with me for having Connor and not having Wieskamp.

I’d take Wieskamp on our team over any other player from there.

You're right. I should have had him. Wasn't thinking it all the way through but I've been impressed with Connor this year. I honestly thought Connor and CJF would be a disaster and they are both much better than I thought.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This won't be popular but Kriener is at least as good as Solomon if not better.
I've never thought Solomon is as good as some do, but when he gets to 100% (he isn't close yet) he's better than Kriener. 100% Solo gets minutes on most P6 teams.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I love to make fun of Garza but he's a lot better than our fans would like to admit. Wieskamp and Garza are in the same tier if you're basing it on now and not potential.

Give me Solo all day too, but Kreiner isn't bad in his role. He screens, rebounds, and is a pretty good interior passer.