Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope, but yes, he'll have to have a great game.

We have one player on this team that is far and away our best player.... so yes, he has to play really well against decent teams for us to win IMO. We have very few offensive options at this point, but if TH is scoring and setting everyone else up to score, we can compete with decent teams. If he's not, then we become a very average team real quick.

If he needs to have a near triple double to beat Iowa at home he's going to have to do more than just be great to beat an actual good team

• Winner
Reactions: adjl

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I think ISU fans on here need to chill a bit on talking smack to Iowa fans about how we're going to beat their a**.

I think the only way ISU beats Iowa is if Halliburton has just an amazing game, like a triple double, and the team overall shoots over 35% from 3.
This is crazy. We are head and shoulders better than them and we have the better coach and we are at Hilton.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
The next in-state kid worth taking likely won't be until 2022 with Lipsey. Glad the Hawks don't have a shot there but Prohm will need to earn it with on-court success this year and/or next.

No kidding on Lipsey- Prohm. I'm kinda concerned he might be another Harrison Barnes-Ames kid who gets away. Maybe if Fred realizes he ain't going to Nebby, he can throw us a bone and talk to Lipsey about the advantages of staying home.

• Optimistic
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If he needs to have a near triple double to beat Iowa at home he's going to have to do more than just be great to beat an actual good team

Iowa is definitely not as good as Seton Hall, no doubt, but they will be just about as difficult to beat IMO when this is THE GAME of the year for Iowa every year.

They played an injured guy against us last year, and then RS him afterwards. This year they sat JorBo for a game a few weeks ago so he could still play ISU and then he'll take a RS too after the ISU game. Heck, Fran might even throw Patrick out there for a few minutes if it would help them beat us? I don't know what lengths Fran won't go to to beat us anymore? It's sad.

If ISU fans don't realize that Iowa plays a couple levels better than usual against us by now, I don't know what to tell you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa is definitely not as good as Seton Hall, no doubt, but they will be just about as difficult to beat IMO when this is THE GAME of the year for Iowa every year.

They played an injured guy against us last year, and then RS him afterwards. This year they sat JorBo for a game a few weeks ago so he could still play ISU and then he'll take a RS too after the ISU game. Heck, Fran might even throw Patrick out there for a few minutes if it would help them beat us? I don't know what lengths Fran won't go to to beat us anymore? It's sad.

If ISU fans don't realize that Iowa plays a couple levels better than usual against us by now, I don't know what to tell you.

Iowa a could levels better than usual is still worse than Seton Hall IMO

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Why did Naz risk it?

this is such a standard ******** response from you. You actually know the reason. Being a worthless hawk troll should be beneath you.

sadly it isn’t. You should change your avatar. You really don’t deserve to have a great cyclone like the late dexter green associated with your account.

• Friendly
Reactions: dexterhawk

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think Garza is easily in that mix as of now. I'm not sure on #5.

It says a lot about both teams that we struggle to even come up with a top 5 combining both teams rosters.

I'd have to think Jacobson would be close to #5, if not, just outside of that. I really like Frederick for Iowa, I'd love to have him on ISU, but not sure he's played enough games in college yet to sell me. There could be a case made for Nixon based on just his defense, but that's a stretch.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think Garza is easily in that mix as of now. I'm not sure on #5.

8 games in Conditt is in the top 5. Fully realize he's not starting yet but his impact when he is in the game is equal to Garza's at this point. Garza's offense gets him in there Conditt for low post defense. That will be a fun battle to watch Thursday.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
8 games in Conditt is in the top 5. Fully realize he's not starting yet but his impact when he is in the game is equal to Garza's at this point. Garza's offense gets him in there Conditt for low post defense. That will be a fun battle to watch Thursday.

Just hope Garza doesn't get in early foul trouble. That is always a concern for bigs.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
No kidding on Lipsey- Prohm. I'm kinda concerned he might be another Harrison Barnes-Ames kid who gets away. Maybe if Fred realizes he ain't going to Nebby, he can throw us a bone and talk to Lipsey about the advantages of staying home.
From the little I know of Tamin there is little doubt Iowa State, for now, is one the top places he wants to be. “Great job son, the hard work is paying off, with an offer from one of your dream schools,” Lipsey’s father, Rob, said to him after he received the Iowa State offer. It is up to Tamin where he wants to go, but his parents really want to go to his games.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Just hope Garza doesn't get in early foul trouble. That is always a concern for bigs.

Same foul concern for Conditt. Having Jocobson and Solomon where EIU has the drop off to Kriener obviously limit the exposure if Conditt gets a couple of early fouls but the team is at it's best with him blocking shots and finishing lobs at the rim.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
From the little I know of Tamin there is little doubt Iowa State, for now, is one the top places he wants to be. “Great job son, the hard work is paying off, with an offer from one of your dream schools,” Lipsey’s father, Rob, said to him after he received the Iowa State offer. It is up to Tamin where he wants to go, but his parents really want to go to his games.

I agree if he were to chose today, but he's on the radar of some blue bloods already and any player even from Ames should weigh his options and take some visits to those programs and see. Fran's isn't a threat in that regard.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Whichever big gets saddled with fouls could easily be the deciding factor next week. It would really hurt ISU if GC gets in foul trouble but Garza would be a bigger deal for you guys. Hopefully the refs aren't a factor.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree if he were to chose today, but he's on the radar of some blue bloods already and any player even from Ames should weigh his options and take some visits to those programs and see. Fran's isn't a threat in that regard.
I think the success the team has the next two years, Foster's decision this fall, and Tyrese's potential at a lottery pick this year could help Iowa State land Lipsey.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I think ISU fans on here need to chill a bit on talking smack to Iowa fans about how we're going to beat their a**.

I think the only way ISU beats Iowa is if Halliburton has just an amazing game, like a triple double, and the team overall shoots over 35% from 3.
Chill on talking smack? I think that's the point of the In-State Rivals boards.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron