STAFF PICKS: Jalen Terry

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
If Bolton can get back up around 35% as a shooter while maintaining his other areas of improvement from his freshman year he will be a very good piece moving forward.

While his 3PT shooting % is down... he's improved in TO% (dramatically), PER (dramatically), true shooting %, efficient FG%, free throw attempt rate, stl %, etc. Main point is he's greatly improved in many other areas sans his outside shooting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Thus far he’s only streaky in the sense that even bad shooters have brief moments of good shooting.

He shot 30% on 80 attempts in conference play last year. Combined with this year, he’s 28% on his last 117 attempts. That’s not streaky, it’s a poor shooter.

He can improve, and hopefully he will. He’s a nice asset even if he doesn’t, but one that’s harder to build around.
If we had an absolute knock down shooter, it'd be perfect. A Naz, Matt, or McGee type shooter. It'd take a ton of weight off of Bolton's shoulders who probably has put pressure on himself to be the shooter on the team. Have to work with what you have though. Bolton needs to keep shooting and getting up good looks. I've actually noticed Bolton's shooting improves when he's aggressive to the rim. I think him getting to the line and getting a bit of a rhythm helps his outside game.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It's always different changing gyms, teams, etc. Everything is different and it might take some time to adjust.
That I accept. I just don't think "he can work on _____" this summer is always fair.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I've actually noticed Bolton's shooting improves when he's aggressive to the rim. I think him getting to the line and getting a bit of a rhythm helps his outside game.
I’ve noticed his shooting improves when playing Alabama. Outside of the Bama game, he’s at 13%, with the best outing 1/3.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’ve noticed his shooting improves when playing Alabama. Outside of the Bama game, he’s at 13%, with the best outing 1/3.
Prohm should probably bench him then or maybe even instill in Bolton's brain that he stinks at shooting and shouldn't take three pointers. That'll help him out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
He shot 30% on 80 attempts in conference play last year. Combined with this year, he’s 28% on his last 117 attempts. That’s not streaky, it’s a poor shooter.

IMO Curtis Stinson is one of the best players we've ever had. He's about a career 30% shooter. Some guys that's just not going to be a strength. If the other parts of his game are good enough, it's fine. Rasir brings an element to this team we haven't had in a while. Call me a homer but I'm going to celebrate what our guys are good at, not drag them for their weaknesses.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Prohm should probably bench him then or maybe even instill in Bolton's brain that he stinks at shooting and shouldn't take three pointers. That'll help him out.
I can’t believe you want him off the team. He’s not shooting well outside of the Bama game, but you’re being way too drastic.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I don't think Barry is any better than what we have. Grill and Jackson are better players they just need time to adjust to the college game. I think we can do better than Brendan Barry.
As far as shooting at the College level he has proven to be head and shoulders over them as of right now.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
IMO Curtis Stinson is one of the best players we've ever had. He's about a career 30% shooter. Some guys that's just not going to be a strength. If the other parts of his game are good enough, it's fine. Rasir brings an element to this team we haven't had in a while. Call me a homer but I'm going to celebrate what our guys are good at, not drag them for their weaknesses.

Stinson made a lot more "sense" as a player then than he would now, to be fair.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That’s great and all, but he’s not a streaky shooter. Disagreeing with your assertion isn’t dragging a player. No one would ever call you a homer, so I’m glad to learn you’re turning over a new leaf and abstaining from now on.

Like I said, he’s a nice asset. Just not even a streaky shooter right now. Stinson is a good goal for Bolton. He had a solid handle and was able to create.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That’s great and all, but he’s not a streaky shooter. Disagreeing with your assertion isn’t dragging a player. No one would ever call you a homer, so I’m glad to learn you’re turning over a new leaf and abstaining from now on.

Like I said, he’s a nice asset. Just not even a streaky shooter right now

he hit 5/6 in a game this year. He’s the very definition of a streaky shooter.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If we had an absolute knock down shooter, it'd be perfect. A Naz, Matt, or McGee type shooter. It'd take a ton of weight off of Bolton's shoulders who probably has put pressure on himself to be the shooter on the team. Have to work with what you have though. Bolton needs to keep shooting and getting up good looks. I've actually noticed Bolton's shooting improves when he's aggressive to the rim. I think him getting to the line and getting a bit of a rhythm helps his outside game.
I see a lot of DeAndre Kane in Bolton's game. He's not as big but he drives the lane well, finishes, and gets to the stripe. He's also an ok shooter like Kane was, good enough but not a sharp shooter.

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

Like I said, he’s a nice asset. Just not even a streaky shooter right now. Stinson is a good goal for Bolton. He had a solid handle and was able to create.
At least the looks that Bolton gets from 3-point land are good ones (outside of one early in the shot clock against UMKC). He isn't forcing up 3-point shots. Nixon is definitely forcing them. He will mishandle a pass, dribble once and jack it up over defenders.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron