***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I see ESPN and CBS both have us going to the Liberty Bowl.

Is there any scenario that we DON'T end up in Memphis?

I'll hang up and listen.

If OU gets into the playoff, or we somehow have 2 in the NY6, I think the Texas Bowl is choosing between us and KSU, and I like our chances there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There's some rumblings that Pollard wants AZ over Memphis FWIW

As he should. Memphis is a flippin' dump, and you know it will be like 40 degrees and raining.

JP should do everything he can to avoid Memphis IMO. I don't know if the fans will travel back to Memphis like some are thinking? I know a lot of people that went last time that will never go back there.

Bowl games should only be played in warm destinations IMO. I can't believe the B1G just landed the Vegas Bowl going forward now that it will be played in the new Raiders billion dollar stadium. Bowlsby snoozes...... and loses once again.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
All of these potentially match-ups are nightmares. Air Force, Navy, and Kentucky will run all over this defense and dominate time of possession. Texas A&M and ND have way more talent. Wazzou is about the only potentially match-up I’d feel good about

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've been through Memphis several times and knew I didn't want to waste any money going down there for a bowl game.

I went to the Alamo Bowl last year and had a frickin' blast. So fun.... game results withstanding of course. Was worth every dollar I spent.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All of these potentially match-ups are nightmares. Air Force, Navy, and Kentucky will run all over this defense and dominate time of possession. Texas A&M and ND have way more talent. Wazzou is about the only potentially match-up I’d feel good about
Just because they have more talent doesn't mean we can't win.. See Texas / OU.

Reactions: 2daJack

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If Baylor and OU both make NY6, which could certainly happen regardless of CFP selection, then Cheez It is officially out as conference would not have enough bowl eligible teams.

I think we are headed back to Memphis, but I wouldn’t be surprised of anything. I’m fine going back to Memphis. It’d be nice if we actually got the SEC opponent this time though.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Correct. Assuming OU wins and goes to the playoff this is how it will most liekly shake out.

Baylor - Sugar Bowl
OSU - Alamo Bowl
Texas - Camping World Bowl
Iowa State - Academy Sports
Kansas State - Liberty

Edit: I can see Iowa State and K-State flip flopping but I think ISU's travel reputation pushes us ahead of them.

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Correct. Assuming OU wins and goes to the playoff this is how it will most liekly shake out.

Baylor - Sugar Bowl
OSU - Alamo Bowl
Texas - Camping World Bowl
Iowa State - Academy Sports
Kansas State - Liberty

Edit: I can see Iowa State and K-State flip flopping but I think ISU's travel reputation pushes us ahead of them.

What makes Texas more attractive than us? Honest question. Is it just TV ratings? Feel like we would travel better to Orlando as Texas fans might not be willing to spend the money this year with their disappointing season.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What makes Texas more attractive than us? Honest question. Is it just TV ratings? Feel like we would travel better to Orlando as Texas fans might not be willing to spend the money this year with their disappointing season.

I think our fans would travel better, but when you factor in everything else, Texas is more attractive.

Likewise, I think Texas gets passed on the the Alamo Bowl just based on their fan bases proximity to San Antonio. So while Texas brings in better ratings, more ad revenue, etc., they dont bring in as great of an economic impact to San Antonio.

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4