Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Next week is Dead Week, right?
Yes, here at ISU. Just saw a Twitter post that mentions this is finals week at Texas A&M. However, when I looked it up, finals there continue next week. Not sure how the "week" part works.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It is dead week at Kwood this week. Thankfully MrsWx only has two finals next week..that being said she is on the edge of meeting the criteria of passing on in one class so she will be hitting that one hard the next four days.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
3 a.m.? Another reason I'm glad I'm not a student.
BTW, after reading that post, I feel like I should be trying to make bunny ears.
Although there have been a few late night study sessions this semester, this one was mostly self inflicted. I was home sick Monday and Tuesday so I didn't get much work done, and this weekend is super busy so I won't have much time for school either. Company Christmas party this evening in Okoboji which I'll drive to and from tonight, and then deer hunting all weekend. That meant all of my work for the week had to get done Wednesday night after teaching youth group and last night.
Next week is Dead Week, right?
That is correct. Dead week and Finals week are always my easiest weeks it seems like. Way fewer classes during the week and if you've put in the right amount of effort throughout the rest of the semester then finals shouldn't be too bad. Most of the work during those weeks comes from finishing up final projects and even those usually aren't that bad.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Although there have been a few late night study sessions this semester, this one was mostly self inflicted. I was home sick Monday and Tuesday so I didn't get much work done, and this weekend is super busy so I won't have much time for school either. Company Christmas party this evening in Okoboji which I'll drive to and from tonight, and then deer hunting all weekend. That meant all of my work for the week had to get done Wednesday night after teaching youth group and last night.

That is correct. Dead week and Finals week are always my easiest weeks it seems like. Way fewer classes during the week and if you've put in the right amount of effort throughout the rest of the semester then finals shouldn't be too bad. Most of the work during those weeks comes from finishing up final projects and even those usually aren't that bad.

Good luck hunting! I'll be out on the stand tomorrow morning too.

Reactions: RunninMan

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well, this is an unusual casting choice. I just saw that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be co-starring in an upcoming documentary about classical music.

He'll be Bach
giphy.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They are finally supposed to hang that 85" TV today in the executive conference room. The contractor they hired to do this must be an idiot as this simple project has been going on for over a month.
The braces to mount the wall brackets are about 12" too high and the electrical outlet is right where those should be. A couple of us could have done this over a weekend.

• Funny

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
They are finally supposed to hang that 85" TV today in the executive conference room. The contractor they hired to do this must be an idiot as this simple project has been going on for over a month.
The braces to mount the wall brackets are about 12" too high and the electrical outlet is right where those should be. A couple of us could have done this over a weekend.

Probably the guys in charge of this project:
th

Status
Not open for further replies.