Is Lewis injured because

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Gerrod Henderson was a top 100 player and C.J. Bruton was the #1 Juco player in the country. Those 4 were the headliners.
Henderson-didn't qualify
Bruton-ineligible because he got payed to play in Australia.
Walter Moore-redshirted then transferred
Chris Ridens-redshirted then transferred
Andy Stensrud-stayed with football
Lee Love-sucked
Jerry Curry-sucked
Curry had one good game. So there's that.

Reactions: deadeyededric

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was engineered to be close and more about trying something and giving those young guys some live-fire, close-game experience than trying to blow UMKC out.

"engineered to be close"

I only wish.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Leave it to you of all people to think Terrence Lewis should be in the rotation this year

Lol, when did I say that? The only reason I disagreed with your post like everyone else is because you made it sound like Lewis was worse than the walk-ons.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
No Lewis is not worse than the walk ons. He's worse than the rotation players

Well, next time you might want to clarify before you get double digit "disagrees". I dont think Lewis should be a rotation player, he looks awkward on defense every time hes out there and lacks confidence.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sometimes, kid's games just don't translate well to the college level. You see it all the time. I'm happy Terrence is sticking it out, is keeping his head high, and from what I've heard, is being a good teammate off the floor. You need guys like him on a team. I'm also sure that he provides a good look for the starters / rotation guys when they're doing scout team stuff.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, next time you might want to clarify before you get double digit "disagrees". I dont think Lewis should be a rotation player, he looks awkward on defense every time hes out there and lacks confidence.

I mean who cares about the walk ons? Lol why would they be discussed on here

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
A walkon seeing the floor before Lewis is entirely about Lewis not the walkon.

Unless Prohm can land a stud PG in the spring I think Lewis will be back next year. My reasoning is when he an Young graduate we will be down to 3 bigs, 2 being Seniors So we will need to add 2 even though we're only losing one. Basically making his Scholly banked for an extra future big.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

Unless Prohm can land a stud PG in the spring I think Lewis will be back next year. My reasoning is when he an Young graduate we will be down to 3 bigs, 2 being Seniors So we will need to add 2 even though we're only losing one. Basically making his Scholly banked for an extra future big.
I think Prohm likes the 4 out 1 in look too much to be worried about bigs. I am guessing after Solo graduates he will want to have 50% Conditt and 50% Foster with very little overlap.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Lewis may be back, but it won’t be because the staff wants to have another scholarship to give for the 2021-22 season. If the 2021-22 frontcourt is dictating things, Lewis is gone and they’re adding a redshirt transfer forward.

isu83

May 5, 2010
Next years class is not the best in ISU history. Tim Floyd had the #2 recruiting class in '97. LE had the #2 recruiting class in I think '02(Haluska, Vroman , Barnes, Harper, etc.) and I'm almost positive the class with Stinson and Blaylock was top 10.
Did all of Floyd’s class make it to campus?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Nixon isn't consistent enough on offense right but man, how many offensive fouls has he drawn this year. He'd be super annoying on another team.

Bolton and Nixon both have a lot of Jekyll and Hyde in them.

Good Bolton is attacking the rim, drawing fouls, and sinking free throws.

Good Nixon is being a pest on defense and moving the ball on offense.

Bad Bolton is clanking shots. Bad Nixon is trying to create offense for himself.

Imagine this team if we had Wigginton and Horton-Tucker back -- or even just one of them to provide some more consistent half-court offense.

We're 23rd in AdjO and 71st in AdjD. I know it's early but it could be a lot worse. Sunday at home should be a good barometer

We are building up a sample size now to the point we kind of are who we are. This team is between the 2011 and 2018 bad teams but not as good as any of our past tournament teams, which were usually at least a few games above the bubble.

upload_2019-12-6_10-16-43.png

Teams with a similar profile on efficiency ratings to ours...

upload_2019-12-6_10-17-37.png

...were about 50-50 on making the tournament and, even if they did, did not tend to go very far. If we get a Ro64 out of this season, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Bolton and Nixon both have a lot of Jekyll and Hyde in them.

Good Bolton is attacking the rim, drawing fouls, and sinking free throws.

Good Nixon is being a pest on defense and moving the ball on offense.

Bad Bolton is clanking shots. Bad Nixon is trying to create offense for himself.

Imagine this team if we had Wigginton and Horton-Tucker back -- or even just one of them to provide some more consistent half-court offense.

We are building up a sample size now to the point we kind of are who we are. This team is between the 2011 and 2018 bad teams but not as good as any of our past tournament teams, which were usually at least a few games above the bubble.

View attachment 69046

Teams with a similar profile on efficiency ratings to ours...

View attachment 69045

...were about 50-50 on making the tournament and, even if they did, did not tend to go very far. If we get a Ro64 out of this season, I will be pleasantly surprised.
I'd take THT back, because I think some of his errors were correctable. I don't think Wigginton wanted to fix his, or even believe he had any, flaws.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'd take THT back, because I think some of his errors were correctable. I don't think Wigginton wanted to fix his, or even believe he had any, flaws.

Both of them had some unfortunate Leeroy Jenkins qualities --

I am going to the hole/taking this shot come hell or high water.

THT was streaky as heck, but when he was on, he was on.

Wigginton was a consistent 40% three point shooter. We desperately need that now. I would tolerate a few of his turnovers if he would drill a few triples.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Both of them had some unfortunate Leeroy Jenkins qualities --

I am going to the hole/taking this shot come hell or high water.

THT was streaky as heck, but when he was on, he was on.

Wigginton was a consistent 40% three point shooter. We desperately need that now. I would tolerate a few of his turnovers if he would drill a few triples.
If I could have one guy from last year I think I'd take Shayok.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If I could have one guy from last year I think I'd take Shayok.

Of course -- a rangy wing who could shoot would be the perfect "4" in a small-ball lineup and unlock a lot of things the roster cannot do right now.

Shayok was first-team all-Big 12 for a reason. But Shayok graduated.

THT and Wigginton could have (and not trying to reopen that debate) come back, and I imagine Prohm was planning on having at least Horton-Tucker now.

Haliburton
Jackson
Nixon
Horton-Tucker
Conditt

...or something like that...

Gives you two small guards, two lanky guards who can guard larger wings, and a big man to protect the rim. We just lack that small-ball 4 man right now.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger