Friday OT #2 - T-bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The thread is very different for me based up seasons because of our garden.
In the summer time I eat an insane amount of lettuce and green beans.

But all in all:
Above: bourbon, steaks, water, vitamins, clone cones
Below: milk, non breaded chicken, apples

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In our household we under use bottled water. At home we drink tap water. If we go somewhere we fill a water bottle we don't take a bottle of water. We have a case of bottled water in the garage that is over a year old. It mostly gets hit when the neighbor kids are over.

We overuse toilet paper. I don't understand why you need to make a giant muff around your hand to cleanse yourself when all you did was take a leak.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Above: rum, cold lozenges, kleenex, popcorn, zucchini, cheese,

Below: sleep, beer

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Campbell's Chunky Beef w/Country Vegetables (7 cans a week)
Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut granola bars (8/day)

Before you judge, I have had all sorts of digestive issues, and that combination, with only random additions of other food, has pretty much solved them (along with a pre-biotic/pro-biotic and an acid blocker).
Why the hell would anyone take an acid blocker?
giphy.gif

Oh wait, wrong kind of acid. Carry on

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Also, I actually enjoy commas too, because it’s one of the few things in English I understand, but many people don’t use them appropriately, well, or properly.

I trend I've noticed recently: People are replacing commas with dashes in situations where, in most cases, a comma will suffice. Too many dashes becomes distracting or intrusive.

***Admission: I use a LOT of dashes (and ellipses) on CF, so I'm guilty, too. But I sometimes approach message-boarding as conversational as much as written communication.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Above: canned waster, A1 (never on steak of course), coffee, hot sauce. Cavender’s.

Nationally, I’d say beer, but living in NE IA I’m probably below the local average.

Below: sugared pop, milk, cereal

• Funny
Reactions: DeereClone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I trend I've noticed recently: People are replacing commas with dashes in situations where, in most cases, a comma will suffice. Too many dashes becomes distracting or intrusive.

***Admission: I use a LOT of dashes (and ellipses) on CF, so I'm guilty, too. But I sometimes approach message-boarding as conversational as much as written communication.

Commas are often a mystery to me. I know about the separating a list of items. But sometimes I'm not sure if one goes in what feels like a natural break in a long sentence, or not. (Like that one - two words back). In those cases I'll cheat and throw in the dash.

Probably wrong but I do it.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Gallon drinking water. My wife refuses to drink tap water, water from the fridge, water from a Brita filter, etc. So it's become part of our lives even though I find it pretty annoying to drag home 3-4 gallons every trip to the grocery store.

The vixen is the same. I've told her that they fill water bottles and so on right out of the tap, and even though she knows this, she still refuses.

• Informative
Reactions: Fitzy and pulse

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Above: Paper towels, Kleenex (thanks, allergies!), Canadian whiskey

Below: Water (I tell the vixen that whiskey is 99% water, she doesn't agree)

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Above: Tap water, meat, hot sauce, cheese, bourbon, yogurt, pickles, bananas.

Below: Bottled water, anything from a gas station, fast food (couple times a year), paper towels.

Side note: You heathens who drink bottled water should invest in a reverse osmosis system!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Ever since I got a Vitamix last Christmas, I'd say that I am above average on my consumption of Fruits and Veggies. Also, I consume a lot of my news from alternative media outlets (big fan of The Hill.TV)
Below: Fish, CNN-FOX-MSNBC-ABC-CBS-NBC News

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Above: canned waster, A1 (never on steak of course), coffee, hot sauce. Cavender’s.

Nationally, I’d say beer, but living in NE IA I’m probably below the local average.

Below: sugared pop, milk, cereal

This line is great, and so true - Wisconsin influence made it's way across the river.

• Winner
Reactions: Al_4_State

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I consume an insane amount of cough drops when I am sick. Like a bag of them a day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron