STAFF PICKS: Jalen Terry

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have have heard third hand that TH is a likely (not guaranteed) lottery pick with what he has already shown last year plus this summer. He may have a shot at top three if he continues to play like he has recently.
It’s a long season. I’ll be happy if TH stays healthy the whole season, then whatever happens, happens.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Terry looks to be taking a pause and taking time on his decision. Looks like staff will have some time to assess the roster and see if terry would be a good spring target.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...aire-williams-hunter-dickinson-michigan-state

“ Sources indicate that Terry is now in no rush to make his college decision. Originally, it was thought that LSU, Louisville, Ole Miss and and Oregon had a shot with the top-50 guard. Now, Terry has opened things up entirely and is willing to hear any and every program out.

Terry has three official visits to give and I would bet that he visits Oregon at some point. From there, don’t be surprised if a few others enter his recruitment. With Terry now in no hurry, he could be one of the final members of his class to commit, which may see things seep deeper into the 2020 calendar year.”
Altman likes jucos so maybe if he waits they get antsy and move on.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think Prohm is fine with what we have coming in a point guard. I think Terry would just be something extra to be honest. Sounds like the staff really likes the other kid we have coming in. At this point if anyone thinks Prohm does not have the best eye for point guards in the country they would be foolish. This will be his 3rd, 3 star recruit he has put into the NBA. That is crazy.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think Prohm is fine with what we have coming in a point guard. I think Terry would just be something extra to be honest. Sounds like the staff really likes the other kid we have coming in. At this point if anyone thinks Prohm does not have the best eye for point guards in the country they would be foolish. This will be his 3rd, 3 star recruit he has put into the NBA. That is crazy.

Prohm will take a pg or 2 in every class if he can, while I agree with Jaden Walker committed Terry is more of a luxury but that shouldn't dissuade the staff from recruiting him. Plus at 6'4 I think Walker has the size to play off ball so their skills aren't redundant imo.

The staff does like Walker (obviously they took him) and he has a good chance in moving his ranking up by the final release. FWIW I noticed in ESPN's update yesterday they list Walker as a 4 star with a 80 rating.... which is just under Blackwell's 4 Star 81 rating (#92 overall class) rank. No way of knowing where Jaden would rank but not a huge assumption he'd be in their top 150. ESPN may be the weakest of the major 247 contributors on ratings but they do factor in.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school?id=66

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Would love to have Terry but a GT 2 guard/wing that can shoot would be best for next years team

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Prohm will take a pg or 2 in every class if he can, while I agree with Jaden Walker committed Terry is more of a luxury but that shouldn't dissuade the staff from recruiting him. Plus at 6'4 I think Walker has the size to play off ball so their skills aren't redundant imo.

The staff does like Walker (obviously they took him) and he has a good chance in moving his ranking up by the final release. FWIW I noticed in ESPN's update yesterday they list Walker as a 4 star with a 80 rating.... which is just under Blackwell's 4 Star 81 rating (#92 overall class) rank. No way of knowing where Jaden would rank but not a huge assumption he'd be in their top 150. ESPN may be the weakest of the major 247 contributors on ratings but they do factor in.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school?id=66

Not that it matters but Walker is in the 6'5-6'6 range.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Would love to have Terry but a GT 2 guard/wing that can shoot would be best for next years team
It’ll be interesting to see Bolton’s role going forward. Can he become more of a primary ball handler? You don’t find too many 6’2” or 6’3” high volume off guards that can’t shoot anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It’ll be interesting to see Bolton’s role going forward. Can he become more of a primary ball handler? You don’t find too many 6’2” or 6’3” high volume off guards that can’t shoot anymore.

I think he can shoot. He shot 36% last year as a freshman. I just think he's incredibly streaky. Depending on his work ethic he should be able to get in the gym this summer and clear that up. I think Bolton is our 2G for the forseeable future and I'm thrilled about it.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think he can shoot. He shot 36% last year as a freshman. I just think he's incredibly streaky. Depending on his work ethic he should be able to get in the gym this summer and clear that up. I think Bolton is our 2G for the forseeable future and I'm thrilled about it.
He had the opportunity to do so this past summer?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He had the opportunity to do so this past summer?
It's always different changing gyms, teams, etc. Everything is different and it might take some time to adjust.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thus far he’s only streaky in the sense that even bad shooters have brief moments of good shooting.

He shot 30% on 80 attempts in conference play last year. Combined with this year, he’s 28% on his last 117 attempts. That’s not streaky, it’s a poor shooter.

He can improve, and hopefully he will. He’s a nice asset even if he doesn’t, but one that’s harder to build around.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt