www.gimikk.com
I think Baylor beats Oklahoma and neither make the playoff:

Sugar: Baylor
Cotton: Oklahoma
Alamo: Kansas State
Camping World: Iowa State
Texas Bowl: Oklahoma State
Liberty: Texas

I think we leapfrog Oklahoma State because Camping World just had them two years ago. Pollard can sell them on how we’ve never bowled in Florida and will definitely deliver big numbers.

How fired up can Longhorns fans be after winning a Sugar Bowl last season? I don’t think they’re an attractive draw right now...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I think we leapfrog Oklahoma State because Camping World just had them two years ago. Pollard can sell them on how we’ve never bowled in Florida and will definitely deliver big numbers.

How fired up can Longhorns fans be after winning a Sugar Bowl last season? I don’t think they’re an attractive draw right now...

The Alamo would be dumb to take Kansas State over Texas IMO

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The Alamo would be dumb to take Kansas State over Texas IMO

You think Texas fans will travel to San Antonio in droves for a 7-5 team following a Sugar Bowl victory? Color me skeptical. I think purple Kansas will show up in big numbers after a losing season and a handful of mediocre bowls.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You think Texas fans will travel to San Antonio in droves for a 7-5 team following a Sugar Bowl victory? Color me skeptical. I think purple Kansas will show up in big numbers after a losing season and a handful of mediocre bowls.

I think there would be more Texas fans than there would be Kansas State fans but a lot of them with be local

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

The locals in San Antonio are basically all Longhorn fans, so sure, they’d come. But it doesn’t mean much outside ticket sales.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames

While I disagree with the BU/OU outcome, I don't care which bowl either of those go to but think both will be "out of the way" when it comes to conference selections I think the Alamo thru Liberty predictions are spot on.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
While I disagree with the BU/OU outcome, I don't care which bowl either of those go to but think both will be "out of the way" when it comes to conference selections I think the Alamo thru Liberty predictions are spot on.
I too struggle to see Baylor winning on Saturday. If Oklahoma can get the first punch in, I think that game could get ugly pretty quick for Baylor. Not built to come from behind

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Unless Pollard is trolling the fan base, it doesn't sound like he's doing any selling, or even talking to the Camping World.

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, I've done some more digging and it sounds like bowls still have Texas as their 1st pick no matter how mediocre they are. Dumb.

Agree. I see that Notre Dame talking heads have Texa$ as their first choice (10 on a 10 point scale). Of the four Big 12 schools that are in contention, Iowa State was their last choice (gave us a 1.5). The reasons given for not wanting to go against the Cyclones-- we're not a big historical name, it would be our biggest bowl opponent ever and thus our 'Super Bowl', upset alerts would be in play, and they're fearful of Matt Campbell.
It's doubtful that we will get into the CWB based on JP's comments, but there's still a chance. It would be my dream match-up.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I see ESPN and CBS both have us going to the Liberty Bowl.

Is there any scenario that we DON'T end up in Memphis?

I'll hang up and listen.