Far too little controversy here ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Let's rank B12 coaches based solely on what they accomplished this year.

1. BU's Rhule wins COY for good reason (picked 6th finished t1)
  2. K-State's Klieman does a masterful job following the master (9th finished t3)
  3. OU's Riley should have gone undefeated (1st finished t1)
  4. oSu's Gundy produces top runner (5th finished t3)
  5. WVU's Brown rallies the troops and gets them better (8th finished 7)
  6. ISU's Campbell meets expectations (3rd finished t3)
  7. TCU's Patterson loses a ton of heartbreakers and doesn't make bowl (4th finished t6)
  8. Texas's Herman make a bowl but broadly underperforms (2nd finish t3)
  9. TxT's Wells lost his QB early (7th finish 9)
  10. Ku's has Miles to go (10th finish 10)

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Actully the fact that Miles crushed Boston college and the team, even though they suck, has improved from last year and has a semi decent recruiting class makes me think he should be 8th or 9th. Wells should be 8th or 9th and Herman, with a pre season Heisman Candidate and what he has at Texas should have finished either 1st or 2nd.

L

LincolnWay187

Cool by me. Good luck having your coach mentioned in every possible article to replace someone else

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Actully the fact that Miles crushed Boston college and the team, even though they suck, has improved from last year and has a semi decent recruiting class makes me think he should be 8th or 9th. Wells should be 8th or 9th and Herman, with a pre season Heisman Candidate and what he has at Texas should have finished either 1st or 2nd.
Ku won one B12 game both years and both years ended with 3 victories. Herman is hard to place because the team could have cratered but didn't.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Let's rank B12 coaches based solely on what they accomplished this year.

1. BU's Rhule wins COY for good reason (picked 6th finished t1)
  2. K-State's Klieman does a masterful job following the master (9th finished t3)
  3. OU's Riley should have gone undefeated (1st finished t1)
  4. oSu's Gundy produces top runner (5th finished t3)
  5. WVU's Brown rallies the troops and gets them better (8th finished 7)
  6. ISU's Campbell meets expectations (3rd finished t3)
  7. TCU's Patterson loses a ton of heartbreakers and doesn't make bowl (4th finished t6)
  8. Texas's Herman make a bowl but broadly underperforms (2nd finish t3)
  9. TxT's Wells lost his QB early (7th finish 9)
  10. Ku's has Miles to go (10th finish 10)
You lost all credibility when you put Brown ahead of Campbell.

Brown, picked 8th, finishes 7. Campbell picked 3rd, finishes 3, and beat WVU on the road.... yeah, lets rank Brown ahead of Campbell.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't see the need to create controversy on CF. Happens pretty frequently.

Reactions: surly

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Did you bother reading the criteria, dummy? Or are you just blowing gas to flavor the room?
If you are just doing it based on what they accomplished with respect to their pre season pick, Les Miles should be #1. Dude was picked 10th and finished 10th. That’s an A+ in my book.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Did you bother reading the criteria, dummy? Or are you just blowing gas to flavor the room?

Your criteria is "what they accomplished this year"

Yet, your rankings are based on where they finished with respect to where they were picked in preseason. So maybe you should restate your criteria to say preseason rankings hold as much weight as on-field results.

Also, let's all hope K-State is picked #1 in preseason next year so we can do this again and see where Klieman ends up with your criteria!

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
If you are just doing it based on what they accomplished with respect to their pre season pick, Les Miles should be #1. Dude was picked 10th and finished 10th. That’s an A+ in my book.

She doesn't even add that part to her post, just based on what they accomplished, then claims I didn't read "the criteria".

She's just a dip ****

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Ehh, I'd actually drop out the first year coaches...they are pretty much using another dudes players. Maybe they are good at putting together disparate pieces and exceed expectations, Hard to really see the true basis until you get 2-3 years in.

1. Rhule
2. Gundy
3t. Riley
3t. Campbell
5. Herman
6. Patterson