All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Cytwins is just trolling on that. Losing to Iowa this year literally pained me to point of feeling sick. I feel like like rational Iowa fans would agree that Iowa State LOOKED like the better team that day but just couldn't get out of it's own way to make any type of run. I also think rational iowa fans would say they were thankful Purdy didn't get a chance at the end with the ball because he would have drove right down the field and scored. However, our special teams was absolutely garbage all year and it cost us more than 1 game.
With the benefit of hindsight it is pretty clear that the Cy-Hawk game with foreshadowing our entire season. Every single game we lost was reasonably close. Several of the games we won were unreasonably close.

I am impressed that losing DM and HB did not impact us nearly as I thought it would. The losses in the secondary impacted the team far more than what I anticipated. I knew there would be a learning curve but it got exposed frequently.

The team was close all season in both winning more and also losing more. It will be interesting to see if we see big improvements in the bowl game.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
This is incredibly awkward. Not sure what to do here...with you being all reasonable and shiz I don't know what really to type except-well articulated.
In all honesty, most of my douche bag posts are usually directed towards CyTwins and meant to be in good fun. Believe it or not I usually am or at least try to be fairly reasonable. Everybody has bias towards their own team. That's just part of being a fan. example..... most Hawk fans know and can appreciate how good Brock Purdy is. When we deny that it is usually just to push someones button. At the same time we defend Stanley, knowing he has shortcomings, because he's our guy and he's a great kid that has given 100% for his entire career to our team. Not to mention, we've won quite a few games with the guy.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
In all honesty, most of my douche bag posts are usually directed towards CyTwins and meant to be in good fun. Believe it or not I usually am or at least try to be fairly reasonable. Everybody has bias towards their own team. That's just part of being a fan. example..... most Hawk fans know and can appreciate how good Brock Purdy is. When we deny that it is usually just to push someones button. At the same time we defend Stanley, knowing he has shortcomings, because he's our guy and he's a great kid that has given 100% for his entire career to our team. Not to mention, we've won quite a few games with the guy.
Fair enough.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
CyTwins: Nothing to say about Minnesota's representation on the all big 10 teams?

Bateman and Johnson First Team Coaches and Media

Bateman wins receiver of the year in the conference

Smith second team coaches and media

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
CyTwins: Nothing to say about Minnesota's representation on the all big 10 teams?

Bateman and Johnson First Team Coaches and Media

Bateman wins receiver of the year in the conference

Smith second team coaches and media

Bateman and Jones are great. What am I missing here?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ehh, when was last team left out of the top 4 that had a legit shot of winning a title?
They didn't get left out but they didn't have one of the 4 best resumes either. That is OSU in 2014. They were gifted a spot in the playoff and were hot at the right time and won it all. The talking heads all twisted it as the committee "got it right" because OSU won, but they should have never gotten the chance. If that playoff is filled correctly the team that did win it all never gets the chance so that makes a case for a larger playoff pool.

• Disagree
Reactions: iahawks

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
They didn't get left out but they didn't have one of the 4 best resumes either. That is OSU in 2014. They were gifted a spot in the playoff and were hot at the right time and won it all. The talking heads all twisted it as the committee "got it right" because OSU won, but they should have never gotten the chance. If that playoff is filled correctly the team that did win it all never gets the chance so that makes a case for a larger playoff pool.
To me 8 teams would be optimal...no more than that.

5 P5 champs and 3 at large. Maximum of 2 per conf so we don't get 4 Sec teams in the playoff.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
To me 8 teams would be optimal...no more than that.

5 P5 champs and 3 at large. Maximum of 2 per conf so we don't get 4 Sec teams in the playoff.
I could consider getting down with that but you have to consider home games for the round of 8.
I go to quite a few road games and I know it would be pricey to go to a conference champ game, round of 8, 4, and 2 all on the road.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I could consider getting down with that but you have to consider home games for the round of 8.
I go to quite a few road games and I know it would be pricey to go to a conference champ game, round of 8, 4, and 2 all on the road.
That’s reasonable. Top 4 seeds get the quarterfinals at home. It’d be pretty awesome to see Alabama having to play at Penn State in December

Last edited:

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Why is Hall first team and Goodman isn't even on there?

He played a lot more. Hall has 53 more carries than Goodson. Which is at least 3-4 more games given Goodson’s avg workload. I believe Hall was the starter by the 4th game, Goodson didn’t until Minnesota, which was the 9th game. He only averaged a little over 9 carries a game, mostly due to being #3 on the depth chart for much of the year. Different backfield situations at the beginning of the year for both teams.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He played a lot more. Hall has 53 more carries than Goodson. Which is at least 3-4 more games given Goodson’s avg workload. I believe Hall was the starter by the 4th game, Goodson didn’t until Minnesota, which was the 9th game. He only averaged a little over 9 carries a game, mostly due to being #3 on the depth chart for much of the year. Different backfield situations at the beginning of the year for both teams.

Both are really good RBs. Goodson's the better player in my opinion, quicker and faster, Hall runs with more power, Goodson has some power as well. Both backfields are in really good shape. Will be fun to see what Goodson does when he's the lead dog, even though Iowa will still go with more of a split.

Wonder if Jirehl Brock will move on or stay with Hall clearly the top guy in the room.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Both are really good RBs. Goodson's the better player in my opinion, quicker and faster, Hall runs with more power, Goodson has some power as well. Both backfields are in really good shape. Will be fun to see what Goodson does when he's the lead dog, even though Iowa will still go with more of a split.

Wonder if Jirehl Brock will move on or stay with Hall clearly the top guy in the room.
How's Goodson in blocking and receiving roles? Hall excels at both.