Peloton Ad

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This twitter thread from a year ago nails Pelton.

To me, it’s a pretentious stationary bike that somehow costs 2 grand. There’s new stationary bikes in any store for like $125.

Having sold exercise equipment long ago, good luck if you buy that trash.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
The girl on the bike looks kind of like Fiona from Shameless.

Except Fiona would be fun to hang out with. She’d have Cocaine!!! Pelaton woman can only have one glass of red wine, for the antioxidants

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I wouldn’t put it in any abode.

have you ever used any equipment?

Yeah....generally speaking, cheap exercise equipment is cheap for a reason, and the more expensive equipment is more expensive for a reason. It's one of those industries where you truly get what you pay for. I've learned this lesson before.

Having said that, I've never owned a Peloton and don't plan to, so I can't speak to the build quality of their machines.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This.

-sent from My iPhone
Typed on my iPhone too. But it's still an iPhone 5 because I care about the children

All you iPhone 11 using, Peloton riding bourgeoisie are the scourge of humanity.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Kinda like the GMC commercial. Wife gets husband and herself smart watches. Husband goes out and buys a new truck and SUV for both of them as they live in there little 3 million dollar home. Keep it real.
I wonder if she still loves that big ass truck when she tries to park in parking garages and small parking spots.

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I wonder if she still loves that big ass truck when she tries to park in parking garages and small parking spots.
Like she needs to be parking in a parking garage. She gets special treatment and parks in the underground lot for higher up people while injured people have to park in a ramp a mile away from work.

Not like thats happened to me or anything.

• Dislike
Reactions: cowgirl836

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
The girl on the bike has a nice body, but her eyes say "I've been locked in a basement before and am so excited to be out". Something about her weirds me out.

That definitely describes Fiona.
Shameless-recap-21.png

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
While I'm not offended by the ad, I think it would be good if they actually did an ad they said how it works and what it does.
that's because they are not targeting bike enthusiasts who would care about that stuff. This ad is focused on a different persona -- middle-class women who have heard of Peleton, think it sounds/looks cool, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I have a FitDesk 2.0 Worked great for about two years, but then the belt broke a while ago. I have taken it apart, but haven't fixed it. Really liked it while it worked. They're around $200, I think. You get what you pay for, I guess.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I have a FitDesk 2.0 Worked great for about two years, but then the belt broke a while ago. I have taken it apart, but haven't fixed it. Really liked it while it worked. They're around $200, I think. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Did your lady gift it to you?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron