Big 10 Basketball Not Off To A Great Start

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's certainly possible though I suspect the Big 12 won't get more than 6 teams in, and I'd be shocked if the Big 10 doesn't get at least 8 teams in.
Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, OU, Iowa State, Okie State, Texas

Indiana, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Purdue,

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
They aren’t a tourney team right now, but per usual they’ll be playing their best ball in February.

Still way too premature to put them in as one of the 7 at this point. They could make the tourney and they could finish last in the Big 12. Neither would shock anyone at this point.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU in the tournament? Nothing they've done so far would say that.
Nothing they've done has warranted them to not be in the tournament either and with ISU's respect they have earned from the committee, if they are on the bubble they should get in. The analysts currently have Iowa State in the field and have discussed Iowa State as a tournament team, therefore I marked them as one.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's certainly possible though I suspect the Big 12 won't get more than 6 teams in, and I'd be shocked if the Big 10 doesn't get at least 8 teams in.
Is Texas Tech one of your 6 teams in? They might not beat a top 225 team in the noncon.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Still way too premature to put them in as one of the 7 at this point. They could make the tourney and they could finish last in the Big 12. Neither would shock anyone at this point.

You realize we have Haliburton and Bolton right?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You realize we have Haliburton and Bolton right?
I'm not surprised some Iowa fans are a little high on their team right now.. It happens about every year. Beat Tech and Syracuse and it looks amazing on paper, however when you dive into it Tech is a shell of who they were last year and Syracuse is one of the worst teams in the ACC this year. They'll probably come back down to earth after tomorrow's game @ Michigan. Who knows, if Iowa loses by 30, Fran might get an extension.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
B1g has looked good in the acc challenge but a couple of teams in the ACC are really overrated. UNC isn't a top 10 team and UVA has some things to figure out, they are still really good but under 50 in 3 straight games just won't get it done. B1g is a better league top to bottom.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm not surprised some Iowa fans are a little high on their team right now.. It happens about every year. Beat Tech and Syracuse and it looks amazing on paper, however when you dive into it Tech is a shell of who they were last year and Syracuse is one of the worst teams in the ACC this year. They'll probably come back down to earth after tomorrow's game @ Michigan. Who knows, if Iowa loses by 30, Fran might get an extension.

Iowa looks amazing on paper?

I haven't seen many Iowa fans high on this team. They have probably played better than most were saying at the beginning of the season, but most fans also realize the ceiling of this team and then the fact the third best player will be out for the season means no tournament team.

Last edited:

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

I haven't seen many Iowa fans high on this team. They have probably played better than most were saying at the beginning of the season, but most fans also realize the ceiling of this team and then the fact the second best player will be out for the season means no tournament team.

Is Wieskamp planning on sitting out?

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I haven't seen many Iowa fans high on this team. They have probably played better than most were saying at the beginning of the season, but most fans also realize the ceiling of this team and then the fact the second best player will be out for the season means no tournament team.
I've probably encountered a few homer fans then that are extremely high on the state of Iowa basketball then. I'll disregard their statements. Bohannon is not the second best player on Iowa btw. Joe Weiscamp is.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Big 10 is a lot better at the top, about the same in the middle and a lot worse at the bottom when compared to the Big 12.

As much as I hate the B10 this is a very accurate statement (at this point this year).

Help Support Us

Become a patron