Survivor: Island of the Idols

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Can we please get back to just the game of survivor. This seasons social commentary and all of that is terrible. Having two black people safe is not a major accomplishment.

ready for this season to be over. Last weeks episode was the worst since what’s his name tried to call out Zeke for being trans.

This x 1,000,000.

I've always liked Probst but can't stand the way he/they try forcefeeding us all these life lessons and BS about the game being a microcosm of society. We get enough of the world's madness and ills all week, when it's 7 p.m. on a Wednesday I just want to veg and watch a show. Shut up about social reflections and experiments and just entertain me for an hour.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I really dislike Karishma. She’s just along for the ride at this point because everyone knows she poses zero threat and has no chance of winning

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I really dislike Karishma. She’s just along for the ride at this point because everyone knows she poses zero threat and has no chance of winning

And this is why anyone with aspirations to win at this point in the game makes sure she hangs around until the end. She's done nothing so far to gain a jury vote and you want someone like that sitting next to you in the end to increase your odds of winning. You don't want 2 strong players that have a good case to get jury votes. Some seasons people figure this out and some seasons people vote off weak players like Karishma way too soon. I doubt anyone is really rooting for her to win at this point either but there is no denying that a smart player uses her as a pawn to get votes to go your way down the stretch. She was the deciding vote last night and the person who treated her the worst was the one that went home.

I think they get paid by the number of episodes they appear in as well so really if you ever are on the show you just want to make it far enough to be on the jury because you basically get an all-expense paid vacation while you are on the jury. Watch the Ponderosa episodes on the jury and they have it pretty nice as they put them up in a resort where they get whatever food and drinks they want and some day excursions. For instance here's Jamal's 1st day on the jury:

• Agree
Reactions: CyGuy5

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finally got to my DVR last night, interesting tribal council. Things should get interesting from here on out, there aren't many easy targets left other than Karishma who they are all stupid for not taking along at this point. Well played idol by her but she probably will need another one fast because after that happened she probably has no allies left when it was an overwhelming vote that would have sent her home without it this past week. Got a kick out of the look on Lauren's face when she realized she just used her idol for nothing too but I get it, she probably felt uncomfortable once Karishma played her's knowing everyone was voting for her so it would only take 1 or 2 votes for anyone to go home at that point. Wish they had shown who voted for Janet, was it Elizabeth or Karishma? If it was Karishma what a boneheaded vote knowing Elizabeth likely was voting for someone (guessing she was the 1 Dan vote) but maybe that was her plan was to create a little chaos. They all seemed worried about taking Karishma to the final 3 as a goat but do you really see anyone on the jury so far that would vote for her to make her a threat to win? Anyone that goes home from here on out will be because she is just voting with whoever needs a deciding vote because she has no alliances.

It is interesting how the 2 people everyone wanted to get out early in the game because they found them annoying was Noura and Karishma yet both are still in the game and Noura seems to have found a bit of an alliance and is a threat in challenges since being on the outs early in the game. At this point I'm hoping Janet or Noura wins this season or possibly Elaine too. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the who Dan situation and have a hard time really finding a reason to root for Dan, Lauren, Tommy, or Dean. Hoping the last few episodes of this season get really good because overall this season has just felt like it's been strange and not quite as entertaining as some of the more recent seasons. Luckily Survivor 40 next year with the all winners cast should provide a good rebound from this season.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Finally got to my DVR last night, interesting tribal council. Things should get interesting from here on out, there aren't many easy targets left other than Karishma who they are all stupid for not taking along at this point. Well played idol by her but she probably will need another one fast because after that happened she probably has no allies left when it was an overwhelming vote that would have sent her home without it this past week. Got a kick out of the look on Lauren's face when she realized she just used her idol for nothing too but I get it, she probably felt uncomfortable once Karishma played her's knowing everyone was voting for her so it would only take 1 or 2 votes for anyone to go home at that point. Wish they had shown who voted for Janet, was it Elizabeth or Karishma? If it was Karishma what a boneheaded vote knowing Elizabeth likely was voting for someone (guessing she was the 1 Dan vote) but maybe that was her plan was to create a little chaos. They all seemed worried about taking Karishma to the final 3 as a goat but do you really see anyone on the jury so far that would vote for her to make her a threat to win? Anyone that goes home from here on out will be because she is just voting with whoever needs a deciding vote because she has no alliances.

It is interesting how the 2 people everyone wanted to get out early in the game because they found them annoying was Noura and Karishma yet both are still in the game and Noura seems to have found a bit of an alliance and is a threat in challenges since being on the outs early in the game. At this point I'm hoping Janet or Noura wins this season or possibly Elaine too. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the who Dan situation and have a hard time really finding a reason to root for Dan, Lauren, Tommy, or Dean. Hoping the last few episodes of this season get really good because overall this season has just felt like it's been strange and not quite as entertaining as some of the more recent seasons. Luckily Survivor 40 next year with the all winners cast should provide a good rebound from this season.
I think she used it at the right time. Remember those idols are only good for two votes and they don't count anymore. Might as well use it when Chaos is happening at Tribal just to be safe. At the end of the day she didn't need to use it, however, I don't think it was a bad play since she only had two times to use it.

Karishma is horrible and I can't stand watching her.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm glad she's gone but I honestly could deal with her if I was playing more than Noura. She's a legit s h i t show. I couldn't stand being around her.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I know people don't like Karishma but she had no shot of winning this season so they were stupid for voting her out when you basically only had to deal with her for less than 10 more days. Thought Noura might have been going home after the Chaos at tribal. She had the chance to go from top 5 to at least top 4 had she just kept her mouth shut when they decided the 4 of them were going to vote for Tommy but she went paranoid and that was enough for Dean to be the little weasel he has been this season and blow her cover. I don't see how Dean wins either, he has played a crappy social game and has basically had no alliances all season yet somehow he still is hanging around.

Tommy should have gone home last night had the remaining players been strategic in voting out the biggest threat. I'm still at the point that Janet is the one I hope wins but realistically she is probably going to get blindsided here soon by her own tribe. Lauren, Tommy, and Dan are calling the shots at this point and it will be a very disappointing final tribal if that winds up being the final 3. Anyone who is playing the game to win at this point would be doing whatever it takes to make sure at least 1 if not both Noura and Karishma were by your side at final tribal because neither one have much of a chance to win. I think Noura pretty much blew her chance to win last night with her paranoia kicking in. Had she kept her cool and just stuck to the plan of blindsiding Tommy she would be on the right side of an alliance and have a big move on her resume if she made it to the end.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Dean is an idiot. For some reason he thinks Tommy is going to take him to the end. He has done nothing to show he should win the game.
The majority are idiots for wanting Karishma out and acting like it is a great move. Dan was literally celebrating like they just made some huge move when Jeff announced she was going home.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That was a dumb move by Dean. Why didn't he just roll with the new 4 and hope. Now he is at the bottom of the other side.

Karishma being gone is good because she was annoying. That and sometimes when it get's to the end she could actually win if the others pissed off the jury. Say Dan makes it to the end. Nobody is going to vote the guy that was basically accused of making all the girls feel uncomfortable. Then it's her verse someone else like possibly Noura that drove everyone nuts. So Karishma is the defacto winner. I didn't mind the move.

• Agree

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
At this point, anyone who tells Noura anything real - or expects her to follow an alliance strategy is Nucking Futs. She's the dictionary definition of a loose cannon.

I was really surprised they didn't vote her out after last night. Or Dean for being a ***** and waiting for tribal to spill the beans.

I'm sure CBS loved it 'cause "drama."

• Winner

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Dean is an idiot. For some reason he thinks Tommy is going to take him to the end. He has done nothing to show he should win the game.
The majority are idiots for wanting Karishma out and acting like it is a great move. Dan was literally celebrating like they just made some huge move when Jeff announced she was going home.

At this point why not take Dean with you to the end? Think about it, who is he tight with on the jury or this season at all really? I can't name a single person he's really "bonded with" or has been working with this whole season. He's been called out at least 1 tribal that he doesn't talk strategy with anyone or get to know anyone on a personal level at camp so his social game has been crap and that is a big part of getting jury votes. Not sure who would vote for him at this point really, other than create chaos a few times at tribal what vote can you name that he orchestrated who was going home and lined up the votes to do so?

This cast has been frustrating to watch. No one has really been playing much of a smart game it feels like. Between not using idols correctly, making dumb emotional votes, and just really no one has had much of an end game strategy to this point other than probably Lauren, Dan, and Tommy who have been working together for awhile now but all 3 have been hard to like this season at times. Noura had the chance to flip the game in her favor because she does well in challenges and if she could knock out Tommy, Dan and Lauren and put herself in a position to make it to the final 3 with 2 of the 3 people she had left to work with she probably had a good shot at winning. Instead she starts running her annoying mouth and I can see everyone left just saying vote her out next because no one can trust her now.