Luke Anderson and Marcedus Leech have entered the transfer portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cytasticlone

Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Super close to home, too...

View attachment 69023

When would he be eligible? Next season?

Assuming he transfers at semester he could play 2nd term next season. I would say Jan 2021 but I think the actual cutoff is somewhere in late December. That's if I'm remembering correctly from similar situations like Burton and McKay. I believe they were able to play in some of the late December pre-BigXII games the seasons they became eligible.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think it was originally a two horse race between ISU and USF was it not? That alone was kind of a red flag..

When ISU started recruiting Luke it was a battle between Xavier and ISU, with rumors that Florida was monitoring. Luke didn't develop as expected and lost the momentum and ranking in his Senior year and those programs backed off. ISU believed in him and took the commitment, obviously that changed this summer/fall and the decision from both sides was made to split.
USF sounds like the perfect soft landing spot and I hope he succeeds.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Sorry, I got lazy while looking for the pirate face emoji and just gave up.

Duly noted. You're forgiven. You're not one of the typical village idiot/trolls on here normally, so the vitriol of your initial post really stood out to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth
D

Deleted member 8507

Assuming he transfers at semester he could play 2nd term next season. I would say Jan 2021 but I think the actual cutoff is somewhere in late December. That's if I'm remembering correctly from similar situations like Burton and McKay. I believe they were able to play in some of the late December pre-BigXII games the seasons they became eligible.
I believe it is at the conclusion of the fall semester so the day the fall semester officially ends, they become eligible.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I believe it is at the conclusion of the fall semester so the day the fall semester officially ends, they become eligible.

Yeah, I remember that situation with McKay now. I know he left Marquette without ever playing for them, but he still had to sit as a midyear because of it.

I thought maybe he would have avoided needing the RS for never having played for Iowa State, but I see now why he is a McKay/Burton type in transferring.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Both McKay and Burton played their first games of the season at the Big 4 classic at WFA. McKay played in a win against Drake, Burton's was in a loss to UNI, Washpun ate Monte alive that night. Pretty sure mid year guys are eligible at the end of the fall semester.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Both McKay and Burton played their first games of the season at the Big 4 classic at WFA. McKay played in a win against Drake, Burton's was in a loss to UNI, Washpun ate Monte alive that night. Pretty sure mid year guys are eligible at the end of the fall semester.

Dig these gold UNI uniforms way more than the black ones...

1024px-Wes_Washpun.JPG

Reactions: heitclone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Sounds like Marcedus Leech is transferring to Iowa Western.

(According to himself on Snapchat)

Anderson ends up at a pretty solid school while Leech ends up a JUCO. Makes you wonder if academics were an issue for Leech. I still believe he’s talented enough to play at a high major.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Sounds like Marcedus Leech is transferring to Iowa Western.

(According to himself on Snapchat)

Anderson ends up at a pretty solid school while Leech ends up a JUCO. Makes you wonder if academics were an issue for Leech. I still believe he’s talented enough to play at a high major.

Just curious if he does go to Juco and ends up being the player some expect him to be, can we recruit him again? Not sure on the rules. I know it used to be that you could not go back to that school. THink that was an old Big 8 rule.