****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChickenNuggetMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
i did. I was wrong. Stuff changes when dealing with decisions of 18-23 year olds

If @CyTwins and i are going to be criticized every time we post something wrong, we’ll just DM each other the inside info. thats not directed at just you but pissed me off Sunday to see everyone rush to shít on @CyTwins Like everyone and their mom wasn’t confused by this recruitment.

I was just asking a question man, I appreciate your info. Was just wondering if things had changed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Artic Zone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
"The 5-foot-10 Terry, who is ranked as the No. 55 player in the '20 rankings by 247Sports, recently de-committed from Michigan State. He has already made an official visit to LSU and is scheduled to make a trip to Iowa State next weekend."

Considering the article he linked mentions the decommitment from Sparty (which just happened last month), pretty sure it's this year. Not to mention it'd be the wrong dates, this weekend is November 15th.
It’s dated November 8th. That means Terry was at Louisville that weekend, the 9th and 10th, and will be at ISU the next weekend. Now, this coming weekend.

I.E., for Cyclones vs the Longhorns at the Jack.

Make sense now?

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
It’s dated November 8th. That means Terry was at Louisville that weekend, the 9th and 10th, and will be at ISU the next weekend. Now, this coming weekend.

I.E., for Cyclones vs the Longhorns at the Jack.

Make sense now?

...I was making the point that the visit he took last year (November 9th, 2018) is not the same as what next weekend's date would be (November 15th, 2019). That's what the post I quoted was thinking the reporter got it mixed up with.

Makes sense now?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Ariticle on his Louisville visit posted yesterday had this comment from Jalen's dad:
The elder Terry said there currently are no other visits planned, but there could be one scheduled for this weekend. Terry is also looking at Oregon and several other schools. He said his son “would prefer” to sign in the early signing period, which starts on Wednesday but the father said the family isn’t going to rush things.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Look, terry is obviously a stud, and it'd be cool if he was a cyclone given the beecher connections.

But when you're a kid from Flint (with an "involved" father) and decommit from izzo/mich state and the first schools that show up are LSU, Louisville, and Oregon, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on.

I hope we get a shot, but we've seen this movie before.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

PG
Cade Cunningham, Oklahoma State (No. 2)

SG

Bryce Thompson, Kansas (No. 19)

SG

Nimari Burnett, Texas Tech (No. 22)

SF

Micah Peavy, Texas Tech (No. 34)

SF

Tyon Grant-Foster, Kansas (four-star junior college)

Sleeper: PG

Jaden Walker, Iowa State

Analysis: Things are looking up with Big 12 recruiting where Kansas, OSU and Texas Tech all sit with top-10 classes. Mike Boynton pulled off some magic for Oklahoma State by landing Cunningham. For the second year in a row Chris Beard has a five-star, Burnett, coming to Lubbock and pairs him with a top-35 talent in Peavy. Thompson is a scorer with versatility for Kansas while Grant-Foster is a live wire wing and possibly the best junior college player in the country. Don't be surprised if Walker eventually cracks the top 150 and he should be a high level scorer for Steve Prohm. The Cyclones, Kansas State and Baylor all rank among the top-25 teams.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Look, terry is obviously a stud, and it'd be cool if he was a cyclone given the beecher connections.

But when you're a kid from Flint (with an "involved" father) and decommit from izzo/mich state and the first schools that show up are LSU, Louisville, and Oregon, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on.

I hope we get a shot, but we've seen this movie before.
I get the idea, and it's fun to poke fun, but I don't see how there's anyway LSU could be paying recruits this year. With the heat that is on them, they have no room for shady business.

• Optimistic
Reactions: isutrevman

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

AAU teammate of Xavier Foster.

6'3 200. At least we won't have people constantly saying he has to hit the weights. Seems like a late add type of guy that usually does not end up doing really well. Not saying that is the case. Just seems like nobody was interested until now. Hopefully he is an under the radar recruit that suddenly is killing it.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
6'3 200. At least we won't have people constantly saying he has to hit the weights. Seems like a late add type of guy that usually does not end up doing really well. Not saying that is the case. Just seems like nobody was interested until now. Hopefully he is an under the radar recruit that suddenly is killing it.
He was committed to another school till recently. When he reopened his recruitment he started getting more interest.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
At least he is from out of state...as everyone knows ISU doesn't recruit the state of Iowa...(sarcasm intended)

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Let's have Abdul Nader give Aquan a call. He is a fellow Niles North grad. One would have to think there are not a lot of other NBA players from the school. Hopefully Abdul would speak positively about the development in his game that occured during his time in Ames.