Coach Dresser gives s/o to Campbell

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I wish there was a way to get our heavyweight suited up to play a game or even just a series. Maybe make it an annual event: the wrestler game. How much could go wrong to stick him at nose guard for three downs? Seriously? I still love that Stevie Johnson came on and played on one of our better teams.....one of my favorite Cyclones, and I love stories like his or Lannings that make things not boring.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I wish there was a way to get our heavyweight suited up to play a game or even just a series. Maybe make it an annual event: the wrestler game. How much could go wrong to stick him at nose guard for three downs? Seriously? I still love that Stevie Johnson came on and played on one of our better teams.....one of my favorite Cyclones, and I love stories like his or Lannings that make things not boring.
If I was OC and saw a team do that I would run a trap on him first play. He might rethink his 2 more plays.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If I was OC and saw a team do that I would run a trap on him first play. He might rethink his 2 more plays.

We would run stingers in those situations. If a Dlinemen got mouthy in practice or hit on somebody’s girlfriend, we would run one at them in practice

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

That wrestler kid for UNI at noseguard did pretty good against us.....and our OC had, what, 8 months to prepare for that.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
That wrestler kid for UNI at noseguard did pretty good against us.....and our OC had, what, 8 months to prepare for that.
Wait, are you telling me a wrestler, who doesn't normally practice with the football team, played against us for UNI?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You’re thinking about this all wrong. Hide Mackall back there on punt team. Fake it. Direct snap to him. Let him sneak around the side for a 20 yard gain. Brilliance!!!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Thanks for the shout out re CMC's extension ....Coach Kevin Dresser if a Class Act and has my full support in his quest to rebuild our legendary wrestling program to national prominence...and remember GO Cyclones

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Wait, are you telling me a wrestler, who doesn't normally practice with the football team, played against us for UNI?

No, he's a multi-sport kid too. Brinkman .......he won at least one state championship. He did OK if I remember.....not great but not bad. He's on the short side for Div. 1, but still did good. I guess the point is I bet our heavyweight played some football past pop warner......I bet he didn't just wrestle and play tennis in the summer. he could take/and give hits. Any state champ Iowa wrestler at heavyweight could play center somewhere in Div. 1....Hell, Ferentz's kid is playing center for the freaking patriots.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

A career ending injury?

Help Support Us

Become a patron