All Big 12 Football Team

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I'm confused what you mean. Coaches can't vote for their own players in post-season or pre-season and can't vote got their own team pre-season. Same for basketball so you pretty much always know who Self votes for

OK. That does not matter at all. If unanimous is 9 votes, and Hurts was not unanimous, it still means one other coach (besides Riley) did not vote for him. Someone suggested that maybe that vote(s) went to Brock and I agreed since Brock also received vote(s) for Offensive Player of the Year. It would not make sense to vote Brock as OPOY and not vote for him as #1st team QB.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
OK. That does not matter at all. If unanimous is 9 votes, and Hurts was not unanimous, it still means one other coach (besides Riley) did not vote for him. Someone suggested that maybe that vote(s) went to Brock and I agreed since Brock also received vote(s) for Offensive Player of the Year. It would not make sense to vote Brock as OPOY and not vote for him as #1st team QB.

I'm still confused

All-Big 12 honors were announced today by the conference, and Oklahoma players received several awards.

Big 12 honors are voted on by the conference coaches, and coaches can't vote for their own players. The full list of All-Big 12 honorees, including first and second team rosters and honorable mentions can be found here.

Jalen Hurts is the Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year. The senior quarterback was given the honor by a unanimous selection.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm surprised the QB question is even a discussion item. Hurts was clearly the best in conference.
To be fair, I brought it up by saying I was surprised he wasn't unanimous. Others weren't necessarily saying Brock should have won it over him, they were just making a case for Brock getting votes over Hurts being unanimous.

Don't confuse it for more than it is.

• Agree
Reactions: danielyp29

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

My bad just figured it out!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm still confused

All-Big 12 honors were announced today by the conference, and Oklahoma players received several awards.

Big 12 honors are voted on by the conference coaches, and coaches can't vote for their own players. The full list of All-Big 12 honorees, including first and second team rosters and honorable mentions can be found here.

Jalen Hurts is the Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year. The senior quarterback was given the honor by a unanimous selection.
Hurts was not marked as the unanimous selection for first team QB.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
I'm surprised the QB question is even a discussion item. Hurts was clearly the best in conference.
No doubt he had the best stats, but best player doesn’t necessarily mean best stats. I could see the argument that Purdy should get the nod bc he did almost the same with less talent (no 5 stars around him) then hurts did.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The most shocking thing in those lists is how few Texa$ players made that list.