Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We met at a mutual friend's wedding in the Netherlands this summer. The bride is one of my best friends from undergrad and she met her husband while he was studying abroad at our college. My girlfriend met the groom in grad school. The wedding was really cool because the night before they had a happy hour at this really cool bar that they had rented space in. I had been chatting with some friends and looked over and saw her and thought "oh my god, who is that? I need to go talk to her." So I talked to her a little that night and then we were part of a big group of friends who were hanging out at the wedding. A few days after the wedding she messaged me, we started talking, and since then we've met in Madison and I've gone to chicago to see her.

She lives on the northside of Chicago but in Chicago proper. She's originally from the east coast but went to college in the midwest and now helps fund-raise for a non-profit. So a lot of grant writing and meeting with clients.

We actually met in Madison for our first date. I took her to the Wisconsin - Kent State game, but it was pouring down rain, so we left at half time. After that we just hung out, and grabbed food and drinks. And she has gorgeous brown eyes and an amazing smile.

We starting talking in August, went on our first date October 5th, and officially became boyfriend/girlfriend November 23.

I was thinking that too. Looks like jc is encroaching on CG's turf

TLDNR

Can someone who read it summarize? Is there anything mentioned about pointy elbows?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So, you aren't going to die by tire iron from the trunk. Good to know.
Definitely

giphy.gif

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Literally only 6 commercials are on TV right now, Peloton ads, that stupid Boost Mobile commercial, Liberty Mutual ads, that ******* SUNSET HEART HANDS TAKE THE PICTURE Taco Bell commercial, and everything that isn't those is a Star Wars themed ad.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
What is your go-to website for booking flights? I don't travel enough to be proficient and want to start watching some flight prices for next summer. I've looked at about 7 different sites so far and haven't noticed huge differences. The only international flight I've taken was to Calgary, but we're looking at KC to Salzburg. Any tips for me?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
What is your go-to website for booking flights? I don't travel enough to be proficient and want to start watching some flight prices for next summer. I've looked at about 7 different sites so far and haven't noticed huge differences. The only international flight I've taken was to Calgary, but we're looking at KC to Salzburg. Any tips for me?

Watch and coordinate on Google flights, book on Expedia. Or directly through the airline.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Literally only 6 commercials are on TV right now, Peloton ads, that stupid Boost Mobile commercial, Liberty Mutual ads, that ******* SUNSET HEART HANDS TAKE THE PICTURE Taco Bell commercial, and everything that isn't those is a Star Wars themed ad.
And the commercials the Muppets are in.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Google Flights is my go to. Currently using it to plan flights to/from our cruise. Allows you to set up alerts to get notified via email when the price changes. Works for both the entire route or if you select specific flights you want it will do it that way to. Gives you the prices with taxes and fees included and takes you directly to the airlines webpage.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is why I watch as much TV as possible on delay with my DVR. It takes less time and I watch fewer stooopid commercials.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Google Flights is my go to. Currently using it to plan flights to/from our cruise. Allows you to set up alerts to get notified via email when the price changes. Works for both the entire route or if you select specific flights you want it will do it that way to. Gives you the prices with taxes and fees included and takes you directly to the airlines webpage.
Where are you cruising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron