2020 Commits Stats & Senior Performance

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Thanks for explaining, but your math sucks. If you’re counting Blackwell at 6’6”, which I think is correct, that’s a 3 1/2 inch difference, which is a helluva lot more than “nearly two inches”.

Only FinalFourCy could be so wrong—and be an arrogant berk while doing it.

But my real point was that while both may have big wingspans, they don’t have remotely similar body styles. Which is what got me confused in the first place.
I haven't taken a math class in about 30 years, but back when we had old math 6'6" - 6'4" = 2".

Horton-Tucker’s physical profile is impressive. He’s built more like a linebacker than a basketball player, measuring 6’ 4” and 235 pounds at the combine. His massive 7’ 1” wingspan was the longest at the combine among guards and wings. He has good strength (10 bench press reps at the combine) and has some of the biggest hands in the draft class (9.5” long and 9.75” wide). Defensively, his length and huge hands helped him rack up 2 steals and 1 block per 40 minutes at the college level. He’s a fantastic rebounder (nearly 5 per game in college) and a fierce competitor.

https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-draft/2...iowa-state-university-utah-jazz-georges-niang

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Agree. My two takeaways from the twitter video were his physical profile and how impressive his shot mechanics look. It's such a quick and easy stroke for a 7 footer.

This. I liked that none of the 3's shown were shots where he was wide open or already had his feet set. We saw him pulling up, hitting them on the move and with guys (albeit 1 ft shorter) in his face.

I think the way his game is developing shows why the Iowa fans who claimed "Prohm hadn't developed post players" are completely clueless as to what kind of player he is working to be. He's not trying to be Luka Garza or Tyler Cook.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You’re right on the math. And THT measured at 6’2 1/2”. Is this rocket science or something?
Link? I provided a link that said he measured 6'4" at the NBA combine. Since you are contesting the post that included the link, I would think you would automatically post your link.

Guess I shouldn't assume that.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Thanks, G.

So we are assuming that the recruiting measurement for Blackwell is shoeless - therefore the reason we are comparing to THT's shoeless number? I find that highly suspect. Since when has any measurement for a recruit ever been an exaggeration by any less than a shoes on number? Get real.

I honestly had no idea players could be measured with and without shoes on. I'm now questioning our reality.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I honestly had no idea players could be measured with and without shoes on. I'm now questioning our reality.
Horton-Tucker was rostered at ISU at 6'4" - his shoe-on height. That is pretty much the norm for listing on rosters and for recruits. I don't know why we would use the no shoes height for THT when comparing to Blackwell's recruiting height which is most likely taken from rosters he is listed on. This is especially true when most recruiting sites list him as 6'5".

I will derail this thread no further.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thanks, G.

So we are assuming that the recruiting measurement for Blackwell is shoeless - therefore the reason we are comparing to THT's shoeless number? I find that highly suspect. Since when has any measurement for a recruit ever been an exaggeration by any less than a shoes on number? Get real.
Blackwell was reportedly measured at 6’6” with shoes, and 6’4.5” without shoes at a USA Basketball training camp. So, two inches taller than THT in either case.

There are other mentions of him at 6’5” (and even 6’4” without shoes), but given his age and the nature of recruiting, out-dated heights and/or exaggeration are both possible.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/dudley-blackwell-sg-miami-fl-2020

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I know people criticize him for floating around the perimeter too much, but that is a pretty fluid looking jump shot. In today's game that's a huge asset as a big guy. My favorite play in that clip was him snatching that rebound at the :34 mark and putting it back in. That was an aggressive rebound.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I know people criticize him for floating around the perimeter too much, but that is a pretty fluid looking jump shot. In today's game that's a huge asset as a big guy. My favorite play in that clip was him snatching that rebound at the :34 mark and putting it back in. That was an aggressive rebound.
That struck me as well. I remember Eustachy always talking about rebounding outside your area. That was a textbook case of that.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
That struck me as well. I remember Eustachy always talking about rebounding outside your area. That was a textbook case of that.
I mean at 7 foot in Iowa ball his area should probably be 20 feet all directions from the basket

• Optimistic
Reactions: SCyclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Link? I provided a link that said he measured 6'4" at the NBA combine. Since you are contesting the post that included the link, I would think you would automatically post your link.

Guess I shouldn't assume that.
You’re right. Especially since the section of the conversation that you jumped into weeks late was regarding THT’s height, not Blackwell’s.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You’re right. Especially since the section of the conversation that you jumped into weeks late was regarding THT’s height, not Blackwell’s.
It was about THT's height and the delta to Blackwell's. I wouldn't have jumped in if you hadn't been such an ass about someone else being wrong while still so obviously wrong yourself. If you weren't such an ass about it I wouldn't have mentioned it.

To be fair in re-reading it, he was an ass to you first. I guess I didn't catch that the first time around.

Last edited: