More love for Lazard

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...a-state-packers-aaron-rodgers-new-york-giants

Nice article about Lazard's rise to prominence in the Green Bay offense. As befits an Iowan and a Cyclone, it sounds like Allen has done things the right way (no hok references, please!) to get where he is today.

As a longtime Packer fan, Lazard has taken on the role Randall Cobb previously had - slot receiver, but also the guy who, when the play breaks down, can find a spot where he is open and Rodgers can get him the ball. So much fun to watch as a Cyclone fan, and a Packers fan.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Great for Lazard that he’s getting attention for his success, but the author over did the narrative.

Under-recruited? Hardly. He was long a top recruit.

Lazard endured, believing in himself and his ability and knowing he was good enough to not only help his team win games but to go to the NFL. Could pro scouts have noticed him more in the Pac-12 or SEC? Probably”

What? It’s crazy he didn’t go in the late rounds, but this writer is lazy. It’s as though he grabbed the undrafted former FCS walk-on rubric and pasted in Lazard’s name.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
As a Packers fan this season has been a lot of fun. Love watching AL and I’m happy for him.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Great for Lazard that he’s getting attention for his success, but the author over did the narrative.

Under-recruited? Hardly. He was long a top recruit.

Lazard endured, believing in himself and his ability and knowing he was good enough to not only help his team win games but to go to the NFL. Could pro scouts have noticed him more in the Pac-12 or SEC? Probably”

What? It’s crazy he didn’t go in the late rounds, but this writer is lazy. It’s as though he grabbed the undrafted former FCS walk-on rubric and pasted in Lazard’s name.

What hurt Lazard is his speed and the number of passes he dropped in college and in workouts. Guy could seem to make impossible catches and then drop the routine ones. In the current offense with Purdy throwing the ball he would have really lit up the record books.

Glad to see he has gotten a chance and he has increased his catching focus. Fun to watch him succeed.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Even if its not with the Packers he's put enough good things on tape to get a deal somewhere.
He's an exclusive rights free agent next year, so there's nearly no chance he won't be with the Packers, likely on a new multi-year deal. He's moved all the way up to WR2 on the depth chart and is also their best special teams player.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
What hurt Lazard is his speed and the number of passes he dropped in college and in workouts. Guy could seem to make impossible catches and then drop the routine ones. In the current offense with Purdy throwing the ball he would have really lit up the record books.

Glad to see he has gotten a chance and he has increased his catching focus. Fun to watch him succeed.
He has NFL experience they will look at. His college football achievements are becoming less and less important to what teams think of him. Kind of like once you start having a successful career anywhere with proven achievements you grades in college become less and less important until no one ask about them. Except for Tom Herman, because we all know that Mensa is important forever.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
He has NFL experience they will look at. His college football achievements are becoming less and less important to what teams think of him. Kind of like once you start having a successful career anywhere with proven achievements you grades in college become less and less important until no one ask about them. Except for Tom Herman, because we all know that Mensa is important forever.

Yes, AL just need a chance to #proveit in the NFL. Nice that Rogers noticed his hard work, and helped him get a chance to show what he could do.

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Yes, AL just need a chance to #proveit in the NFL. Nice that Rogers noticed his hard work, and helped him get a chance to show what he could do.
I added an "s" to "hurt" in your statement and read it as present tense, not past. My bad. My statement about Herman still stands.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
As a Bears fan....I love that he is getting this opportunity with a quality QB who seems to appreciate what he brings. He's the only reason I watch the Packers.

As a Bears fan, not only did I watch their last game, I actually cheered for Lazard for scoring a TD. I don't ever recall cheering for a Packers TD in the past.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron