Premier League

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Not in here often, but when Spurs sack Poch and Hire "the Special One" the next day, my mind is blown! I get firing Poch, results aren't equaling talent, but what has Mourhino done in his last two stops to make you think he can do this? he will just piss off the good players, and sell them, and you will be ****** when you fire him in 12 - 18 months.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Not in here often, but when Spurs sack Poch and Hire "the Special One" the next day, my mind is blown! I get firing Poch, results aren't equaling talent, but what has Mourhino done in his last two stops to make you think he can do this? he will just piss off the good players, and sell them, and you will be ****** when you fire him in 12 - 18 months.

Half of their good players have contracts that expire at the end of the season so he wont even be able to do that!

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com

It is a big gamble. You get a HUGE ego, but I think his “bad guy” Coach style can work like Bill Self. He plays it up a bit at Hilton and I like that about him. Mourinho can fight and take the heat for the players in that role, and some pressure off of them because it will be about him.

But yeah, I mean this seems like a coin flip to me, but he will be MOTIVATED to shut people up. Hopefully, he has a staff he can trust and he listens to.

PeprahGH

Nov 20, 2019
As an avid Man Utd fan, this is a disaster waiting to happen. Mourinho is the master of self-destructing. It's going to be the same storyline when its all said and done;

1. He comes in and has some success. Probably get them in the top 4.
2. Summer rolls around and doesn't get the players he wants in the transfer market. He gets frustrated and starts taking shots at the board.
3. Year 2 results are good. Probably win 1-2 trophies. Summer rolls around and wants the board to spend a billion pounds on every player in the world. That doesn't happen so he gets frustrated and starts taking shots at his players and the board.
4. Year 3 results are poor. At this point, the locker room is torn and the board gets fed up with all the shots he takes at them in the media. By year 3, he usually has a fall out with the teams best player( Hazard at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Real Madrid and Pogba at Man Utd)
5. Gets fired by midseason or the end of the year.

He's a wrong fit for the current Spurs team as well. The team is built to play attacking football and he's a defensive-minded coach. Just a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait for it all to unfold.

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
As an avid Man Utd fan, this is a disaster waiting to happen. Mourinho is the master of self-destructing. It's going to be the same storyline when its all said and done;

2. Summer rolls around and doesn't get the players he wants in the transfer market. He gets frustrated and starts taking shots at the board.
3. Year 2 results are good. Probably win 1-2 trophies. Summer rolls around and wants the board to spend a billion pounds on every player in the world. That doesn't happen so he gets frustrated and starts taking shots at his players and the board.
4. Year 3 results are poor. At this point, the locker room is torn and the board gets fed up with all the shots he takes at them in the media. By year 3, he usually has a fall out with the teams best player( Hazard at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Real Madrid and Pogba at Man Utd)

He's a wrong fit for the current Spurs team as well. The team is built to play attacking football and he's a defensive-minded coach. Just a disaster waiting to happen. Can't wait for it all to unfold.

Trophies? You do know you're talking about Spurs, right?

PeprahGH

Nov 20, 2019
Trophies? You do know you're talking about Spurs, right?

Yes, that team is good enough to win a trophy. Surprised Poch never made that happen. Are you saying they can't win FA Cup or Carabao Cup? Poch couldn't win one of those. I think Mourinho will one of those.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
Yes, that team is good enough to win a trophy. Surprised Poch never made that happen. Are you saying they can't win FA Cup or Carabao Cup? Poch couldn't win one of those. I think Mourinho will one of those.

I mean, it was mostly me taking a cheap shot at them.

But they're already out of the Carabao cup this year, I can't see them winning the Champions league, so that's a lot riding on the FA Cup this year. And they have some big contracts expiring at the end of the year, so who knows what that squad is going to look like next season.

PeprahGH

Nov 20, 2019
I mean, it was mostly me taking a cheap shot at them.

But they're already out of the Carabao cup this year, I can't see them winning the Champions league, so that's a lot riding on the FA Cup this year. And they have some big contracts expiring at the end of the year, so who knows what that squad is going to look like next season.
Yeah I figured. Should be interesting. Still a bad hire by Spurs

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK

As a Spurs fan, I would be perfectly fine if he can bring in a few trophies!

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Could not be more thankful for the sacking of Unai Emery.

Lets see what Freddie can do and somehow find a way to win Europa League. This club desperately needs champions league football next year.

• Agree
Reactions: dmg89

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
The gap from 1-2 is the same as the gap from 5-18

Oh, and Everton 2 points outside of relegation makes my heart happy

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
Things that were going on the last time Everton won at Anfield:

Furby babies
Bluetooth earpieces
Blair Witch Project
Napster
Boris Yeltsin
MySpace
Y2K preparations

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I mean he did manage a **** Man United squad to finish 2nd in the PL. He's quoted as saying that's his most impressive coaching accomplishment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron