site_logo.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (4-3, 0-0 BIG 12)
VS. KANSAS CITY (5-4, 0-0 WAC)
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 4 | 7 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: Cyclones.tv
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I look forward to watching this team more than some better squads in years past.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
I'm hoping we get up my 70 points so that our 8th or 9th guys can get into double digit minutes....'dead legs' sealed the deal vs Seton Hall in the Bahamas. 15 to 18 point lead the whole 2nd half of the 2nd game game, but we continued to ride the starting 5 or 6 until the last minute, knowing we had another game the next day...dumb.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I'm hoping we get up my 70 points so that our 8th or 9th guys can get into double digit minutes....'dead legs' sealed the deal vs Seton Hall in the Bahamas. 15 to 18 point lead the whole 2nd half of the 2nd game game, but we continued to ride the starting 5 or 6 until the last minute, knowing we had another game the next day...dumb.
Maybe that was the point? Prohm has won 2 big 12 tournaments in his time here. I think he knows a thing or 2 about tournament legs. Big 12 play will be a grind. These guys need to know how to play on tired legs.

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
Maybe that was the point? Prohm has won 2 big 12 tournaments in his time here. I think he knows a thing or 2 about tournament legs. Big 12 play will be a grind. These guys need to know how to play on tired legs.

Very well could be, but, you are putting all of your eggs in 1 or 2 baskets as players 8, 9 and 10 will be of no value should you lose one of your top 7...From another point of view, I see virtually every other coach and team working consistently thru 9 to 11 players at this time of year to see what they have available...maybe CSP already knows, which then might be a commentary on his recruiting depth. In either fashion, need a good game tonight to prepare for the next two which will be very tough. Go Cyclones.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Very well could be, but, you are putting all of your eggs in 1 or 2 baskets as players 8, 9 and 10 will be of no value should you lose one of your top 7...From another point of view, I see virtually every other coach and team working consistently thru 9 to 11 players at this time of year to see what they have available...maybe CSP already knows, which then might be a commentary on his recruiting depth. In either fashion, need a good game tonight to prepare for the next two which will be very tough. Go Cyclones.
I think we know at this point which 8 players will play regularly. The starters, Conditt, Jackson, and Grill. I don't think Zion is quite there yet. Maybe a 5 minute a game guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm confused. Eight players have played all 7 games with a 9th (Grill) playing 6 of the 7. All of those 9 are averaging at least 10 minutes a game even if you include Grill's 0 minutes in one game in the average. We aren't playing them?

• Informative
Reactions: CyclonesRock