Vikings fans...

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Been a Viking fan since the late 60's. I know what it feels like to think things are looking good only to find things are not right in the end. The "Vikings Football" movie has a quirky, fun, familiar feel but is a little off.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
They have a conceivable chance too win their 1st super bowl or perhaps a 8th postseason win since 1989

Anything's possible. But damn, the NFC side of the postseason is going to be an absolute gauntlet for the six seed. If they can't catch the Packers in the North that's a daunting path for a wild card team.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Without Cousins, that turns into a beat down last night.
Cousins has carried the team in a couple different games already, most notably the DEN game... he's trying to get paid again this offseason. Cousins is a top-10 QB in basically all stats this season; he had a rough start, but has been good-to-excellent since. The offense as a whole is top-10 in scoring.

The problem with the Vikings isn't Cousins, it's the defense. They've given up 20+ in 3 of their 4 losses (as well as giving up 20+ in narrow wins against the Cowboys and Broncos). Vikings D is average, at best. Offense (including Cousins) is above average by pretty much any measure.

Cousins is averaging 8.5 YPA, ~250 YPG, ~2 TDs/g, less than 1 TO/g, and carries a 111.9 passer rating on the season. It's not all "garbage time stats" on an 8-4 team.

That said, things could trend downward if Cook misses extended time, and we've already been hurting some offensively without Theilen.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Looking like both Cook and Mattison will still be out Monday night, so the Vikes will just have to beat the Packers with Boone picking it up where he left off.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Looking like both Cook and Mattison will still be out Monday night, so the Vikes will just have to beat the Packers with Boone picking it up where he left off.
New Mattison report? I saw he didn't practice yesterday, but I thought he still had a chance to play.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
New Mattison report? I saw he didn't practice yesterday, but I thought he still had a chance to play.

You're right, he might play, just nothing official from the Vikes. Only talking heads speculation based on lack of practice time up to Thursday.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don’t see us doing jack in the playoffs and we almost for sure are not going to get a home playoff game. So beating the Pack on Monday night at home would be a nice treat for the end of the year.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

Vikes list Cook out, Mattison questionable. If the Rams lose Saturday night, neither will see the field until the playoffs.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What a crap first half. The TD to Diggs was the only good play the Vikings had on offense.
Neither of these teams will go far in the playoffs. At least the Vikes have an excuse tonight with no Cook.