2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Stoops, Meyer, Petersen.

Going to see more and more of this. Relatively young guys that have made their money that just don't want to deal with the grind anymore.

Lot of noise at OU that Oklahoma and Stoops were in a pissing match over firing of his brother as DC, as well as the fact Lincoln Riley was about ready to leave and take another job. Think the Stoops decision was a little different than the other two. Meyer is just human filth that wears out his welcome.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Washington is a good job. Should just reach out to the Boise St coach, again.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Wouldn't touch a Texas job with a 10ft pole. Herman is a dead man walking. Two years MAX.

It takes a huge presence and huge personality to survive and excel at a place like UT. Herman does not have any of that.

be interesting where they go from there.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FWIW:

Tallahassee Democrat is reporting:

"The top candidates are still considered to be Iowa State's Matt Campbell, Penn State's James Franklin, Memphis' Mike Norvell, and Notre Dame's Brian Kelly."

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...oard-bob-stoops-pj-fleck-campbell/4149845002/

And yet, the best source for the Carousel, FootballScoop.com has nothing about Campbell in their FSU update:

https://footballscoop.com/news/early-december-update-at-florida-state/

Campbell isn't leaving.

---

And their previous update: https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-florida-state/

Of course, the timing of Florida State’s impending hire is irrelevant as long as the school (and the search firm DHR International) lands the right coach, and sources told FootballScoop that the Seminoles have reached out to, and thus far come up empty, on all the big names you’d expect: James Franklin, Matt Campbell, the brothers Stoops, Matt Rhule.

Reactions: Scott34

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
TLDR entire thread, and this certainly isn't a major move on the carousel, but the seat is pretty hot for Mike Bobo here at Colorado State. I think everyone will be shocked if he's still here. Frankly, I think it's a good example of the patience schools should have in giving a coach a solid 5-year shot.

But when you also consider that in years, his record against rivals are:
0-5 vs. Colorado
1-4 vs. Air Force
1-4 vs. Wyoming
...with the two wins in his first year...

It's damn time to move on.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Per Jameis Winston's attorney. Assuming he's still well connected to the AD.

This also could have been planned for a while too; meeting after the season, maybe they had yesterday off.
I agree with others that FSU makes little sense. I hope they get Bob Stoops, or anyone other than Franklin. Penn State is a job that makes me a little nervous.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Per Jameis Winston's attorney. Assuming he's still well connected to the AD.

This also could have been planned for a while too; meeting after the season, maybe they had yesterday off.
I agree with others that FSU makes little sense. I hope they get Bob Stoops, or anyone other than Franklin. Penn State is a job that makes me a little nervous.

• Informative
Reactions: DSMCy and JP4CY

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Tons of rumors out on Twitter about Campbell going to FSU

Did some searching on Twitter and its all over the place (which means no one knows anything) but saw several "connected" people with actual follower counts - one national recruiting guy - that thinks Campbell is the guy for them. Lots of smoke though.

Hope Jamie/CMC can announce something soon like an extension to put all of this to bed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron