WBB: Cyclones vs New Orleans 1:00

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
I had really staticky reception in the pre-game, but something in Molly's comments gave me the impression that Wise will be missing multiple games from here. And CBF gave her a hug in his pre-tipoff tapping ritual, so I think I might believe it. Hope she feels better, we miss her!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I had really staticky reception in the pre-game, but something in Molly's comments gave me the impression that Wise will be missing multiple games from here. And CBF gave her a hug in his pre-tipoff tapping ritual, so I think I might believe it. Hope she feels better, we miss her!

Was commented by Fennelly in postgame that she would be evaluated this week but he was not optimistic she would play Thursday. What I missed was what it was, more of the migraines reported earlier?

And a shoutout to Molly on the broadcasts. Molly keeps things balanced with her objective and knowledgeable commentary. Walters is a little over the top doing WBB in praise of every player/play, like he is trying a little too hard but kinda comes off as patronizing which he really isn't.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
Was commented by Fennelly in postgame that she would be evaluated this week but he was not optimistic she would play Thursday. What I missed was what it was, more of the migraines reported earlier?

And a shoutout to Molly on the broadcasts. Molly keeps things balanced with her objective and knowledgeable commentary. Walters is a little over the top doing WBB in praise of every player/play, like he is trying a little too hard but kinda comes off as patronizing which he really isn't.

Yes, it's still the migraines

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I feel for Maddie and Kristin. That was not an easy thing to watch when she got tackled. And, while it was not a pretty game to watch, a lot of things are going on. Starting lineup changes, rotation changes, who is PG changes on the court is unclear from moment to moment, BF said in his presser that every player has already missed practice due to illness. Kristin is our "best" player, and she had an off game, but she needs to be more consistent, and combine that with Ashley always taking a while to get going, it puts maybe a bit too much pressure on young and newer players who are maybe unsure of their roles, especially when they are being defended full court much of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have to admit I have been out for Thanksgiving and am now catching up. Which incident are you speaking of, is it in video replay? Thanks.

I missed it, was watching two games (The Cyclones and the Green Bay Lazards) at the same time. Seems it was at 4:17 in the 3rd quarter. Replay not up yet on CY.TV.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I missed it, was watching two games (The Cyclones and the Green Bay Lazards) at the same time. Seems it was at 4:17 in the 3rd quarter. Replay not up yet on CY.TV.

According to the play-by-play, you are correct (I'm guessing that's what you used). It was a situation where Scott got the rebound with their big (6-5 Kayla Thomas) on her back. Thomas lost her balance while reaching for the rebound and ended up tackling Scott from behind.

I was also watching both games at the same time, but had an eye on the ISU game when that happened.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
According to the play-by-play, you are correct (I'm guessing that's what you used). It was a situation where Scott got the rebound with their big (6-5 Kayla Thomas) on her back. Thomas lost her balance while reaching for the rebound and ended up tackling Scott from behind.

I was also watching both games at the same time, but had an eye on the ISU game when that happened.

When I watched it happen my first thoughts were of Kristen's back. Especially when the big didn't get off of her very quickly. Had Kristen in a bit of an odd position. Fen didn't think there was any damage, but it scared Kristen.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
When I watched it happen my first thoughts were of Kristen's back. Especially when the big didn't get off of her very quickly. Had Kristen in a bit of an odd position. Fen didn't think there was any damage, but it scared Kristen.
Without seeing the replay, and with the descriptions supplied here, I may not want to watch an attempt to drive our post into the ground.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron