***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
What would you do in Orlando if you don't go to Disney or Universal Studios? It's basically a swamp in the middle of a pine forest. Honest question. I've been to Orlando twice. Once for Universal and once for Disney. Didn't venture into Orlando much. Wasn't impressed with what I saw.
Agree, Orlando SUCKS unless you are there for a theme park. It is tolerable if you are there for a few days for a bowl game though.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What would you do in Orlando if you don't go to Disney or Universal Studios? It's basically a swamp in the middle of a pine forest. Honest question. I've been to Orlando twice. Once for Universal and once for Disney. Didn't venture into Orlando much. Wasn't impressed with what I saw.

I'd spend a day at Cape Canaveral, spend another day at Daytona beach/Daytona International Speedway and spend one day at Universal Studios.

In Houston I'd visit Johnson Space Center (hopefully my fil can get me some special accesses) and hit Galveston Island for the beach

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Sit at the pool and golf. We go down with my in-laws every year. There’s tons of other stuff too

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Honest question? :confused:

Did you have your eyes closed except when you were on site at Disney and Universal? Or is this just Texas snobbery? :D

Nope. Just seemed like strips of chain motels and fast food places. Didn't have a lot of time to look around. Went from airport to hotel and then to Universal back to hotel and then to airport. Same with Disney. Don't think I will ever go back to either. o_O. No Texas snobbery here. Not a fan of Houston or Dallas.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Nope. Just seemed like strips of chain motels and fast food places. Didn't have a lot of time to look around. Went from airport to hotel and then to Universal back to hotel and then to airport. Same with Disney. Don't think I will ever go back to either. o_O. No Texas snobbery here. Not a fan of Houston or Dallas.

So you went on a vacation but didn't have time to look around?

Just seems odd to me that someone would schedule a vacation with such a time crunch and it seems like it would be more stressful than enjoyable.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It makes sense for the Big 10 to go back because they have 14 teams. So you are missing 5 teams instead of 4 every year. It makes no sense for the Big 12 to do it with only 10 teams. Cant wait to see the meltdown around here when Iowa State doesnt get to play Kansas one year but everyone else does.

It would make zero sense for the B1G to go back to an 8 game conference schedule. For starters, the Networks aren't going to allow it...

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
So you went on a vacation but didn't have time to look around?

Just seems odd to me that someone would schedule a vacation with such a time crunch and it seems like it would be more stressful than enjoyable.
When going to Disney I think it’s realistic. If you fly in and take their shuttle you don’t ever have to step off Disney property. There can be relaxing points during the trip that don’t include going out into Orlando.

I think you could probably do something similar for Universal although we haven’t gone to Universal as a trip (just a day trip when at Disney which was the only time we left Disney property).

I also think there’s a big disconnect between fans who are going to the bowl as their vacation and fans who are going to the bowl game specifically.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
When going to Disney I think it’s realistic. If you fly in and take their shuttle you don’t ever have to step off Disney property. There can be relaxing points during the trip that don’t include going out into Orlando.

I think you could probably do something similar for Universal although we haven’t gone to Universal as a trip (just a day trip when at Disney which was the only time we left Disney property).

I also think there’s a big disconnect between fans who are going to the bowl as their vacation and fans who are going to the bowl game specifically.

If we get Memphis I am going to be disappointed that I skipped going to London with my wife because I was holding out for a good bowl destination. lol

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Any guesses as to when we will know? I’m in Orlando through the 26th, but could change my flight home if we somehow end up there. I want to be ready at the keyboard as soon as we know.

Orlando isn’t as bad as people think. I don’t feel like it’s got the centralized party locations like Memphis and San Antonio. And yes even if you don’t ride the shuttle it is very easy to only see the theme park providers and not see much else. They are masters at keeping your attention.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Any guesses as to when we will know? I’m in Orlando through the 26th, but could change my flight home if we somehow end up there. I want to be ready at the keyboard as soon as we know.

Orlando isn’t as bad as people think. I don’t feel like it’s got the centralized party locations like Memphis and San Antonio. And yes even if you don’t ride the shuttle it is very easy to only see the theme park providers and not see much else. They are masters at keeping your attention.
Sunday afternoon

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Putting away my bias, in terms of destinations (not taking into account the strength of the Bowl game) I think it's personally:

San Antonio > Memphis > Orlando

Cuz outside of theme parks, there really isn't too much to do in Orlando.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Putting away my bias, in terms of destinations (not taking into account the strength of the Bowl game) I think it's personally:

San Antonio > Memphis > Orlando

Cuz outside of theme parks, there really isn't too much to do in Orlando.

What is there do to do in Memphis?

For someone who's been there for the 2 most recent ISU appearances and did the tourist stuff already there's not much. Not to mention the weather was crappy those 2 times.

As for Orlando - Cap Canaveral and Daytona Beach are easy drives.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
What is there do to do in Memphis?

For someone who's been there for the 2 most recent ISU appearances and did the tourist stuff already there's not much. Not to mention the weather was crappy those 2 times.

As for Orlando - Cap Canaveral and Daytona Beach are easy drives.

I think it's fair to say if you've been to any of those places twice or more, you've done it all. Memphis' bar and music scene is decent when compared to Orlando.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron